OCR01189 - Beyond Good & Evil "Frame of Mind"

It might just be that I'm really tired right now, but I found this remix beautiful and inspiring. It's calm enough that I think I might listen to this next time I decide to write. Heck, I almost let a tear fall, it was that wonderful (or maybe that's the sleep factor kicking in again).

(Oh, and by the way... I'm new. :wink:)

Incredible remix! Bravo. Now to any of you who haven't played this game: MAKE TIME FOR IT. They were planning on a sequel to this absolutely incredible game but no one bought it! If you thought this remix was good then you have to hear the rest of the games music. Incredible game, incredible remix, bravo everyone!

Guest Drake Fieur

A very good tribute to an exceptional game. Bravo indeed!

For those of you who haven't experienced BG&E: as a long time gamer, and as an amateur game developer, I consider it to be one of the best games of the past fifteen years. I strongly recomend it to any gamer, and many non-gamers.

For those of you who have played the game; if you haven't already, go to the official Ubisoft forum http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=908103432 for Beyond Good & Evil, and help support the game. There may not be many of us who bought it, so we need to be LOUD to get the sequel it deserves.

I'm going to go off and enjoy this great remix, which is telling me to go play the game for a third time.

Wow. I mean wow. Unfortunately, this is a game I've never had the opportunity to play--but damn if this isn't a stellar remix. Amazing vocals, nice piano work, great electronic snippits...I could work overtime trying to think about negative things to say about this piece, but it would be a futile effort. Download this and experience it for yourselves!

This is a testament to the greatness that are Ocremixes, and the people that put them together. Keep up the great work!

Excellent remix of an excellent game! Although I prefer the quiet part of the song it's still well done overall. Have to play Beyond again now :-) (one of the best PC games IMHO - sad it didn't sell that good)

For those who want the BGaE game soundtrack:

- http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EpZlppyZVEShihRvCx.php

- http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EpZVyAAAZEhBjcpQpA.php

- http://nintendoinsider.com/site/EpZypFAVlVWQAxqHsA.php

thanks man, any idea which one of those is the title I can put down for this remix?

The remix is of the two tracks "Redemption" and "Home Sweet Home".

This remix is brilliant. The whole thing flows together so beautifully, and the vocals are magnificent. I cannot really find the words to describe the sheer excellence of this contribution.

And as for Beyond Good and Evil itself, it is tragic that it suffered poor sales. It is quite honestly one of the greatest games that I have experienced in many years - and I've played a lot of games. In my eyes, it even manages to outshine Zelda: The Wind Waker.

Whilst Zelda wins with regards to its sheer epic size and interaction, Beyond Good and Evil has an epic atmosphere, storyline, characters and soundtrack which you can't forget after playing it. It may not be the longest of games (I finished it in 17 hours, although I didn't collect all of the many items and participate in a lot of the sub quests/games), but the consistent polished quality of the game more than makes up for it (not that a 15-20 hour game is considered short by many people's standards).

Honestly, if you haven't played this game guys, do so. You won't regret it. I cannot stress this enough - Ubisoft really shot themselves in the foot by allowing this title to fail by not marketing it properly. It's like Grim Fandango all over again - an unbelievable game, but due to bad marketing from LucasArts it suffered terrible sales.

It took a few years for people to finally try it out and realise just how amazing it was - by which time it's too late for the developers to consider a sequel. It looks like Beyond Good and Evil is on the same path.

</rant-like post>

I can only confirm what you said. BG&E is a pearl of quality between dozens of games (but they sold better.. it's a shame). It's truly the atmosphere what makes this game unique, also there are many details and a good story, well I can only repeat what's already said. If you liked Zelda play this game, it's worth!

Yhoko

Btw: Ubisoft is yet unsure whether to make a sequel of BG&E or not. In germany we're collecting subscriptions to change their mind into the right direction. Personally I guess it was the bad marketing why it sold so bad but maybe people just don't want good games anymore (but brainless shooters like UT instead).

I've been playing BGE since it came out in the US (even tho I live in switzerland, I hade to buy a freeloader just for that game), and so far it's my absolute favorite solo game. I like to just let myself float on the water in my hovercraft, or sit down just to listen to the music of it...this...this is Zelda-level, man! Beautiful tunes that this mix takes up and adds some beat and vocals to. Truly great. 6:32 of pleasure :D

• 1 month later...

I was on the beach a couple days ago on a full moon night, and was listening to this song on an mp3 player as I stared out at the moon's reflection on the sea. It was one of those moments of pure beauty where I fell in love with everything around me. The moment Aurora's vocals came in, I cried. It was the most non-sexual orgasmic moment of my life, I'm not sure if I cried because of the sadness of the song, or just the pure beauty of it coupled with my surroundings. Whatever the reason is, this song has achieved a feeling inside of me that has never been evoked before.

I thank everyone who worked on this song.

I was on the beach a couple days ago on a full moon night, and was listening to this song on an mp3 player as I stared out at the moon's reflection on the sea. It was one of those moments of pure beauty where I fell in love with everything around me. The moment Aurora's vocals came in, I cried. It was the most non-sexual orgasmic moment of my life, I'm not sure if I cried because of the sadness of the song, or just the pure beauty of it coupled with my surroundings. Whatever the reason is, this song has achieved a feeling inside of me that has never been evoked before.

I thank everyone who worked on this song.

Man, I wanna do that to someone. God knows others have done it to me.

• 1 month later...

I registered just so I could comment on this song. This is amazing. I've had it on repeat on Winamp for almost an hour now. I especially enjoy the vocal bit at the beginning and the piano about halfway through. I really love seeing Beyond Good and Evil getting recognition, seeing as it's my favorite game of all time. I hope to see more remixes of it.

• 1 month later...

I cannot explain how amazing this group effort is; this mix is without a single doubt one of the best mixes on OCR. The entire length captures the pure essence of the incredible game it is based on. SGX, I'm guessing your part is right at 3:46, and it is incredible. All the mixers added a distinct layer to this amazing mix. Everything balances nicely. The first time through, I thought the timing and tempo was a bit random, but after a second go-around, I tossed that thought out. Great work. KUDOS +1000.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01189 - Beyond Good & Evil "Frame of Mind"