Every once in a while, something amazing comes your way

Zipp

I'm a video game reviewer for Honest Gamers. I get many games from them, including such titles as Bioshock, Call of Duty, Ultimate Alliance, Silent Hill: Shattered Memories... all of which were games that offered some fun and enjoyment (though I actually dislike Bioshock quite a bit and Ultimate Alliance really needs to stop being boring).

But every once in a while I get sent something that completely blows those titles out of the water. Something amazing that only comes your way once in a lifetime.

This week, it was Hello Kitty Party.

Full review here, for those who are interested: http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/8680/Hello-Kitty-Party.html

Honestly, these kind of games make me question our perception of what children find fun.

This whole game raises issues, for me, in how we view our children. I'm a graduate student in education (eventually seeking to teach film) and a proponent of Imaginative Education (http://www.ierg.net/) which shows how certain forms of media can really screw with the development of cognitive abilities. I'm a big fan of video games and actually believe that they have the ability to increase cognitive ability, but not when they are this mindless.

Haha, sorry you got stuck with it. The last game I reviewed for HonestGamers was middle ground, but enjoyable for a reviewer's single playthrough (Madballs: Invasion in BABO).

Ah, so that was your review! I missed it when it was posted the first time due to... I don't know what. Oh I think I was getting ready for Grad School.

Anyway, I checked it out later and thought it was a great review of that kind of game. I rarely check out 360 review because, well, I don't have a 360.