OCR01987 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Farore Lies in Wait"

djpretzel

The nostagia factor is heavy on this one early! Perhaps that's why I was a HUGE fan of the first portion of this song. If you've played this game I'd see little reason not to enjoy this track.

After the intro, it really stepped up and went a different direction. Still keeping those great in-game snippets all throughout.

Also, the transitions and the sounds and songs you used were brilliant! They are well placed and flow well in and out of one another. It's as if you've invited listeners to take a tour though the secrets of the game.

Overall, I'm in love with the creativity that I get out of this track. And the incorporation of the game sounds and music are excellent. Take a listen (all the way through) and judge for yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

The low health sound. The single most annoying sound I can remember besides Baby Mario's crying and you somehow made it awesome. I commend you for this daring feat. On the other hand, I can't believe I didn't comment on this when it came out. Very cool tune right here.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

It's like... Zelda meets Ratchet and Clank.

I have to admit, I'm not big on the staticky, panning parts at the beginning and end (that's just a bit too much for me - personal taste), but other than that, I really like this. The trancey feel to the piece seems very appropriate for the Lost Woods theme. Nice work. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01987 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Farore Lies in Wait"