"Funky Fresh" a Sonic the Hedgehog inspired original track (WIP)

Strike911

http://www.strike911.net/Strike911-FunkyFresh.mp3

OKAY, let me preface EVERYTHING ELSE by saying this was inspired by a few choice songs from Sonic 1-3S&K, but after the fact the mix took a mind of its own. There was a lot of chatter about Sonic in the general board, and I starting remembering how great the music was, and while this isn't nearly as awesome as the music from those games, it originally started as something trying to emulate the funky style of a few tracks, particularly Mystic Cave, Chrome Gadget, and a Hydrocity. You'll never hear it in the track, but they were my inspirations. Again, the mix ended up as something a little different, and I'm glad for that, but I don't even know what genre to classify it as.

Anyhoo, I hope you people dig some funkiness. I don't know that the track even resembles a Sonic track at all now, but... I'm cool with that. :)

Still a WIP, so if you have any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I had a difficult time picking synths for a few parts, so hopefully that doesn't show. >_<