The Megas Go Acoustic!

SwordBreaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxLyGiUdMN8&feature=player_embedded#

Sort of old news (a few days ago), but I haven't seen any threads created for this.

That link contains an acoustic version of the The Megas debut OCR single, The Annihilation of Monsteropolis. To be honest, I'm not a fan of the original version. Found the lyrics to be a bit cheesy and the singing voice not that exciting. But man...the acoustic version is far, far superior. Excellent playing, sweet vocal harmonies and some orchestral ambiance. Makes it more listenable to me. I'm really considering getting the whole album, which is an acoustic version of the original debut.

I'm a sucker for acoustic music.

http://www.themegas.com/store.html

Thoughts? Is the digital release worth 10$?

I'm glad someone finally posted about it. I've been twittering and facebooking it like crazy. Yes, $10 is so worth this album. The interesting thing to me is that my favorite tracks on Get Acoustic are my least favorite tracks on the original, like Man On Fire (Heatman), Carved From Mighty Oak (Woodman), and Blue Like You (Flashman). The new vocal harmonies are interesting, the orchestra elements are interesting, the whole thing is top-notch from beginning to end, just like Get Equipped. It's got me very excited for the upcoming MM3 album.

Wow, that's not bad at all. The new backing vocals almost make up for the loss of "BUILT FROM PIECES OF SR-71s AND PLANES THAT CRASHED IN WORLD WAR TWO". Almost.

Really want to hear what they did with Promise of Redemption and The Quick and the Blue. Definitely gonna pick it up when I get my paycheck.

I meant to post about this last week myself, and was actually kind of surprised there wasn't a thread yet. Basically, if you liked Get Equipped, you'll like this. If you haven't checked out Get Equipped, you should, and after doing do, check this out.

Basically The Megas are awesome and you should check them out!

As for which track made the transition to acoustic best, I'm actually going to say Promise of Redemption (Bubbleman), was never my favorite on the original album but this rendition just feels right.

• 4 weeks later...
We actually submitted the Quickman track from this to OCRemix, hopefully it will go up on the site soon so anyone who hasn't heard the album yet can check it out!

The MM3 stuff is coming together rather nicely... hoping to have it done sometime this year.

WOW THIS YEAR.......Just make sure its awesome.