OCR01989 - Chrono Trigger "...And in Her Self-Loathing and Despair, She Found Wrath"

djpretzel

I talked to Luiza about that one. She HATES it. I mean, loathes it. Literally. She won't even listen to it.

No kidding? I would never have guessed that. I've been a big Chrono fan since the game came out years ago and I've listened to just about every CT/CC mix out there that I can find... I consider that mix one of the best. I guess it is easy to get tired of a song after a while though, if you created it. Radiohead and "Creep" come to mind.

it's true. that song was never finished. I absolutely hate my voice in it, and writing the lyrics was a pretty painful experience. I mean how do you like Queen Zeal and Schala having the same voice? with an accent, no less? haha

I really don't like writing at all, so when you consider I was a below national average writer (when it came to everything but spelling/grammar) back in high school, I'm sure you can picture just how painful it was to get those lyrics out in a day. Most of the song's work was done 3 days before the DoD deadline at the time, so I waited until most of it was done before writing...

maybe I'd feel differently about it if it was ever finished, and I have no real idea why it was never, but (with all due respect) I think Ashane has far better works than this...

EDIT: before the "question" (for the lack of a better word) is raised, the making of this song has nothing to do with "Cessation..." or the fact it was never finished.

it's true. that song was never finished. I absolutely hate my voice in it, and writing the lyrics was a pretty painful experience. I mean how do you like Queen Zeal and Schala having the same voice? with an accent, no less? haha

I really don't like writing at all, so when you consider I was a below national average writer (when it came to everything but spelling/grammar) back in high school, I'm sure you can picture just how painful it was to get those lyrics out in a day. Most of the song's work was done 3 days before the DoD deadline at the time, so I waited until most of it was done before writing...

maybe I'd feel differently about it if it was ever finished, and I have no real idea why it was never, but (with all due respect) I think Ashane has far better works than this...

EDIT: before the "question" (for the lack of a better word) is raised, the making of this song has nothing to do with "Cessation..." or the fact it was never finished.

Well, for an unfinished song I thought it was very good. But, then again I might be biased towards CT/CC music. Nonetheless, this is about your new song, not an old one, so I'll stop doting on about past mixes. Whatever the case may be, I can only hope that you continue to crank out quality tunes such as "Loathing".

So basically, in the middle of this song I forgot that I was resting my voice, so then I started screaming along with random lyrics vaguely based on the title...

Yea, so I didn't get to do that for very long, stupid illness.

But, its awesome, its not just Metalcore, its exemplary of every metalcore band EVER and it also features some guest spots by Tom Morello, if he were to ever do metalcore.

Great job!

prty amazing for a schala remix. I really wish the ending would do what it does, BUT have a final, finishing sustaining blow so to speak. As it is now it merely fades out basically (not technically, but musically). And, given all the uniqueness beforehand, I'm sure something great could've been whipped up for the end.

Very well done. It was very drum-driven, and the guitar kept a steady tone for the theme. It gave it a metalcore sound without taking away from the melancholy nature of the song.

You should work on it some more, though. Not saying it's not a complete song, but it'd be awesome to see what else you could add to the metalcore Schala's Theme.

To be honest, this isn't as gritty as I was expecting from the mix writeup heh. It seems to be mixed on the more quiet side from what I can tell, which is unfortunate :-( .

As everyone else has said though, this is pretty damn creative for a Schala mix. It makes me wonder why don't more people try to take artistic liberties, instead of attempting the same hashed out versions in the same hashed out styles.

Can't wait to hear more, you've improved quite a bit from when I heard Fire Cross ~5 years back!

Nice take on a great theme, you definitely tread a lot of new ground here stylistically. Everything is appropriately grungy and crunchy for the genre you chose to remix in :-)

Everything you put out there seems to be an opus in its own respect, LuIzA, and you haven't given any indication that you'll do anything but improve your craft in the future. Keep it up!

this mix is full-on bad-ass! you've come a really long way LuIzA, i've always loved your remixes, and this one is no exception.

Great programming and guitarplay! Top Notch. 8-)

also, i love how the lead guitar somewhat feels like it's in the background. :nicework:

sidenote:

did anyone else notice that this is the 100:th chrono trigger remix on the site? ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Woo, this is a monster of a mix! This is just beats the hell out of the sound waves and it's such an amazing take on a source like this one. 2:04 to 2:45 was just plain vicious, I loved it! And to follow it up with a little lighter but still tough as nails breakdown was terrific. And that ending is a nice way to go out, with a bit slower but still hitting hard. LuIzA's stuff never gets old. Recommended by far!

• 3 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01989 - Chrono Trigger "...And in Her Self-Loathing and Despair, She Found Wrath"