Shreddage: Electric Rhythm Guitar Samples (by zircon + Sixto!)

Not really paying attention to the conversation. Just wanted to post and say that I just bought it and am excited for it to get done downloading. I've been yearning for a good set of guitar samples forever.

Thank you, zircon and sixto. You will be forever remembered for this.

Edit: Hrm... I understand it's made for Kontakt, but some of you are talking about using it with other programs. Is there a way to use it with FL? I mean, I can access the samples but I'm not entirely certain what to do with them.

... yeah, I'm not exactly an FL master here. I just kinda dabble in composing now and again.

Edit again: Oh hey I just figured out DirectWave. Lalala...

I just stumbled on this thread and the demo songs. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I've been playing guitar for 22 years and I cannot tell that these are multis. I could probably tell if I just heard the raw sounds being played on a MIDI controller, but obviously that's not how anyone will be using this library. Absolutely amazing work, guys. I already have some guitars and shit, but if I ever go on another trip away from home and have the chance to bring my laptop with me, I'm buying this in a heartbeat.

EDIT: actually, I think I'll own this by the end of the month anyway. Too good a bargain to pass up and it beats Slayer for laying down skeleton tracks in FLS. What kind of guitar did Sixto use? All I could find on the site was that it has 6 strings and was tuned to Bb. Jesus, that's 1/2 step lower than Carcass and Entombed.

-steve

Not really paying attention to the conversation. Just wanted to post and say that I just bought it and am excited for it to get done downloading. I've been yearning for a good set of guitar samples forever.

Thank you, zircon and sixto. You will be forever remembered for this.

Edit: Hrm... I understand it's made for Kontakt, but some of you are talking about using it with other programs. Is there a way to use it with FL? I mean, I can access the samples but I'm not entirely certain what to do with them.

... yeah, I'm not exactly an FL master here. I just kinda dabble in composing now and again.

Edit again: Oh hey I just figured out DirectWave. Lalala...

According to Zircon, it doesn't work with DirectWave.

• 1 year later...

I came here to come and ask, if there are any plans for a lead-oriented Shreddage, but I see the FAQ in the OP says there are already software designed for that. My question is, which ones are recommended in that field? I really like Shreddage and it helps a lot, and I was hoping if there's something similar for leads. I used to play all these things by myself with actual guitar but ever since I got a new computer and an external audio card (actually, it's an Alesis mini-mixer), it won't recognize my guitar properly and plays only static and really loud noises. Or maybe it's because my guitar mics are partly busted and it's overall a POS. So until I find a way to fix that, some nice lead guitar replicants would be appreciated!

Also, might as well ask this one too: what's the latest and greatest when it comes to programming metal drums? It would have to be Kontakt/Sonar -compatible (or a stand-alone software). I remember there being some software or a plugin that had presets made by world-class drummers, such as Joey Jordison and (maybe?) Gene Hoglan, but I can't figure out for the life of me what it was called... or if it even worked on Kontakt/Sonar.

Thanks for your input in advance!