Phoenix Wright piano mix

Vidilian

wow Vid, I thought you died or something. Good to see you back :-P

Since this is a piano solo you'll need to be REALLY thorough with your humanization, reverb, tempo changes and all that jazz. This is okay, but I'm not certain if its OCR quality...still not posted myself so I don't really have any say in that department lol. Other then that, not sure how else I can crit this track, good jorb so far.

This is a great tune and I love piano work, I'm glad you're playing around with.

I feel like this version isn't quite as moody as the original; it feels a little empty. I feel like I'm also losing the theme occasionally as you go through some transitions. One little gripe, is where the harmony is played an octave lower from the original at 0:57, and I just dont think it suits the tune as well.

I hope you keep playing with it, but right now I feel like it's just a bit slow and empty. You might be able to get away with it if you had a lot of drama built around it, but it's hard for somebody like me to tell.

Again, I hope you continue playing with this theme, and good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

@ Hoboka: Yeah, I've been busy with life and stuff recently. I kinda feel dead in a way lol.

Anyway, thanks for both your replies. I've tried to make improvements to everything said and also extended the song with a couple other songs from the game.

Sources:

Not sure if these fit in well with eachother but i gave it a go anyways. Use the same link in first post for the mix

• 4 weeks later...

Update:

Changed the piano playing the lead melodies to an electric one.

Put a subtle synth in the background to fill up empty space a bit.

Increased and varied up the tempo in places.

Added a very breif cameo of "Jailer's Elegy", another song from the game, in the middle.

Hopefully the songs a bit more interesting now and all the different songs meld together ok. Comments appreciated.

Oooooof, see now you got me thinking.

Gario had a real nice Gumshoe remix up here before, I'm trying to decide which is better. They both use piano's, but this is a bit more soft piano music. Anyways, enough of that

It sounds great, I like how you just made it cruise right into the Turnabout Sister's theme. Seems pretty human to me.

I'd sub this if I were you, but first I would think a little more about the electro piano. It bothers me a bit and strikes me as a little bland. I would try making it louder, and maybe copy everything to the next octave lower (so it's playing on two octaves)

I'm not an authority on this kind of thing, but there's only thing I'd say is begging to be changed: the attack velocities on the piano are all identical, and all very forceful. For instance, at ~1:20, the background piano accompaniment is soft with respect to dynamics, but it sounds like the imaginary pianist is hitting every key extremely forcefully. The result is a mechanical-sounding piano, and you lose that nice legato feel.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this. Nice work!