Guidelines for Posting Requests

djpretzel

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

If I posted a request for a parody of a real song with the melody changed to match that of music from a video game....erm...I just wanna know if ReMixes such as this are meeting the requirements. I've never heard it done, and it is not specifically mentioned in the submission rules. I'm just wondering. Would I be wrong to request it? Sounds like such a noob question, but I am just dying to know D:>

• 5 months later...
Do the rules of ReMix requests say anything about asking for new album projects to be established (from entire games)?

No, but they're more likely to not result in any remixes. There's already a lot of projects going on, many usually interested in working on projects are already busy with the projects already in projects. And someone needs to coordinate the project.

Remixes come from ppl liking the source material, so games remixers are familiar with (and have good, accessible music) are more likely to get projects than more obscure titles. After all, remixers remix what they want to.

But do get ppl interested in the soundtrack of the game you're interested in hearing remixed. Nothing wrong with requesting albums, just don't have too high expectations.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
No, but they're more likely to not result in any remixes. There's already a lot of projects going on, many usually interested in working on projects are already busy with the projects already in projects. And someone needs to coordinate the project.

Remixes come from ppl liking the source material, so games remixers are familiar with (and have good, accessible music) are more likely to get projects than more obscure titles. After all, remixers remix what they want to.

But do get ppl interested in the soundtrack of the game you're interested in hearing remixed. Nothing wrong with requesting albums, just don't have too high expectations.

Yes you are correct

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

As for the "genre" part, you ask for the genre of the original track, or the remix itself? What if I don't know in which category the original track falls in, can't be enough by just listening to the track ?

Another question: what if I'd like a remix of multiple tracks, or does it have to be from just one?

As I read my own questions, they may sound pretentious, when I'm actually just curious in how this exactly works, as I listened to the radio and heard a remix of two tracks. Not sure if this is done voluntarily by the remixer or if it can be actually requested.

2 hours ago, Arkl1te said:

As for the "genre" part, you ask for the genre of the original track, or the remix itself? What if I don't know in which category the original track falls in, can't be enough by just listening to the track ?

Another question: what if I'd like a remix of multiple tracks, or does it have to be from just one?

As I read my own questions, they may sound pretentious, when I'm actually just curious in how this exactly works, as I listened to the radio and heard a remix of two tracks. Not sure if this is done voluntarily by the remixer or if it can be actually requested.

Honestly don't overthink the rules for Requests.

Just make a thread for what you want. "Hey can someone make a remix of Super Mario Bros. Overworld mixed with Sonic's Green Hill Zone? Here are the sources." Done.

I've made a new Guidelines thread. Old one is a bit outdated.