Super Street Fighter IV

Bleck

Pretty much as I can't imagine drawing every single drop of oil splashing to be all that enjoyable. :lol:

Actually, as I understand it BlazBlue (don't know about other HD 2D games) was made with 3D models that were then put through a 2D-ification process to end with the 2D sprites. So, they are indeed 2D animations, but they were created as "snapshots" of a 3D model and then touched up.

I imagine Capcom would do something similar if they did 2D.

does anyone here use the official SF4 fight stick? (The White Box)

i am finding it on amazon pretty cheap and i am thinking about picking one up but the reviews are very mixed so i figured i would ask here.

The Madcatz fightsticks are amazing. Newt, zircon, and myself have the SE version (the one you're probably looking at) and are very happy with them (newt and I have modded/upgraded our sticks with the TE Sanwa parts, not hard to do). Bahamut has the more expensive TE stick.

If you're into fighting games at all, I highly recommend one. My SF2 game has been especially helped by it. The only thing is that there's definitely a learning curve -- all four of us mentioned above went through this phase of sucking while we adjusted to things like the difference between a fireball and a dragon punch again. Sounds really basic, but your control will improve IMMENSELY after you make the adjustment.

The Madcatz fightsticks are amazing. Newt, zircon, and myself have the SE version (the one you're probably looking at) and are very happy with them (newt and I have modded/upgraded our sticks with the TE Sanwa parts, not hard to do). Bahamut has the more expensive TE stick.

If you're into fighting games at all, I highly recommend one. My SF2 game has been especially helped by it. The only thing is that there's definitely a learning curve -- all four of us mentioned above went through this phase of sucking while we adjusted to things like the difference between a fireball and a dragon punch again. Sounds really basic, but your control will improve IMMENSELY after you make the adjustment.

Awesome, thanks, i will prob pick one up soon then before SSF4 come out.

Actually, as I understand it BlazBlue (don't know about other HD 2D games) was made with 3D models that were then put through a 2D-ification process to end with the 2D sprites. So, they are indeed 2D animations, but they were created as "snapshots" of a 3D model and then touched up.

I imagine Capcom would do something similar if they did 2D.

I think you got Blazblue mixed up with King of Fighters. I don't recall Arksys saying they used anything except the concept art they were given.

I think you got Blazblue mixed up with King of Fighters. I don't recall Arksys saying they used anything except the concept art they were given.

That he did...

In the making of the designs, Nona first made 2D character graphics in dot-pixel forms. The team from SNK then takes Nona's works and uses 3D software tools to make the first 3D for character. After selecting the moves from each characters, they were all changed to 2D to be used as a base for the finished work. Then, Nona and the staff added details to the original designs such as expressions and more descriptive clothes. Finally, the staff makes fixes to each design to make the ones that would appear in the game. Nona found problems with the new designs since they were much bigger than the ones used in previous titles, noting them to be almost twice as big. As a result, the color palette and the details of the dot-pixels also increased. ~ King of Fighters XII Development Entry

Well, just because SNK did that doesn't mean ArkSys didn't do something similar. I was under the impression that you pretty much have to involve 3D models in the creation of such large high resolution sprite sets if you want to make it manageable. I'll admit I could be wrong, but I'd like some proof before we decide that's the case.

SHOW MAH DA POOF ASSHOLES!!!

Here ya go buddy! :<

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger features twelve, extraordinarily detailed, hand-drawn characters in true high-definition glory.

And here

The first hi-res 2D fighter from the creators of the Guilty Gear series!

Experience the beauty of high-resoluti on, hand-drawn sprites on 3D backgrounds, all in glorious high-definition.

I did have one other link that explained it more but I forget where it was.

Wait a minute. Blazblue sprites aren't high definition. They're all pixelly like SNK sprites.

Compare the size of a BB sprite to that of a KoF sprite (or even a Guilty Gear sprite) and you can easily see the difference in resolution.

That's all high definition means; more pixels per image than standard def. It looks pixelly because there's no anti-aliasing applied to the image.

I just wish Capcom cared about balance in SSF4 more. Yeah, they're doing some tweaks to character like Sagat (and inexplicably buffing Chun-Li when she was never bad to begin with), but they basically say "yeah, there are tiers, and that's fine." Fei Long is one of the worst in the game but they gave him pretty much nothing new and instead encouraged people to just try harder with him. Come on, guys!

Ofcourse there isn't a intro video for Deejay. He's black. And it's a COMMON fact that Capcom is run by a bunch of racists.

/joke.