Super Street Fighter IV

Bleck

I know a lot of you follow SRK and Eventhubs, but there's bits and pieces of the balance changelog being released each week for the Arcade Edition (and inevitable console patch release.)

http://shoryuken.com/f315/ssfiv-ae-blog-changes-lets-nerf-more-stuff-game-isnt-defensive-enough-255022/

I've been attempting to play Sakura, and I'm glad she got buffed. She's got some blatant disadvantages in a lot of matchups. Nothing ridiculous, she never goes below 4-6 on tier lists, but the number of instances where she's at a disadvantage definitely made her a good candidate for some retooling.

Today, they just released the notes for E. Honda, Ibuki, Rose, and Gouken, so check'em out. Next week is gonna be the official notes for Blanka, Abel, Ken, and Makoto. I'm honestly not sure how I feel about some of the changes so far. Maybe the benefit of El Feurte's changes will be more evident after release, but it seems like he could've used a little more tuning than what's listed there. Then again I'm not a high level player by any means.

By the way, how many people are still actively playing this? I just got back into it. My PSN name is Sloogs, I'd love to play some of you guys.

I don't know if you guys have been following the weekly changelogs on SRK, but the developers have been discussing the changes to four characters in the cast each week for SSF4 Arcade Edition. This week they did Makoto, and I'm pretty excited about her changes:

Normals

-cr.LK has more range

-st.LK is now kara-cancellable

...-cr.HK attack box extended, and the damage box has been lowered slightly, making it easier to use as an anti-air

-cr.HP has slightly more active frames

-F+LP has a 3 frame startup (formerly 4 frames)

Specials

-EX Hayate is now armor-break, has a slightly faster startup

-Fukiage, when the arm is fully extended, the hittable box from her chest up is now barely there, while the attack box is extended, so there are now almost no cases where it trades or is stuffed. It still can't hit grounded opponents however. The start up for all versions have been revised (I'd assume to be faster)

-EX Tsurugi is now similar to EX Cannon Strike in what height the technique can be executed (instant EX Tsurugi?)

-UC1 damage distribution has been change. It still does the same total damage, but because of the change, will do more when the scale kicks in.

-UC2 has a faster startup

Other

-1000 Health

-Forward and back dash are faster. Because of this, now HP Hayate FADC cr.LK (and other normals) LP Hayate now combos. This vastly improves her mix-up game (throw or attack?)

I don't know if you guys have been following the weekly changelogs on SRK, but the developers have been discussing the changes to four characters in the cast each week for SSF4 Arcade Edition. This week they did Makoto, and I'm pretty excited about her changes:

Wow, extremely good looking. Can't wait for all these revisions to hit!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Evil Ryu and Oni ARE PLAYABLE this is soooo lame

Game play Video

http://ja.justin.tv/offcast/b/278092590

this is the only video i can find, Capcom copyrighted EVERY VIDEO ON YOUTUBE

SOOOO watch the video as sooon as you can. Many people have claimed there was a password entered which opened up both fighters. It's unclear when these fighters were supposed to be officially revealed, but considering Capcom's actions, it wasn't at this time.

maybe it's just because there are literally no arcades where I live but I couldn't give two halves of a fuck about the arcade version

somebody let me know when I can pay for extra characters on my xbox

your care when you get a Buffed makoto

but me idc either, my Haken is godlike with no buff's :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Evil Ryu and Oni ARE PLAYABLE this is soooo lame

Game play Video

http://ja.justin.tv/offcast/b/278092590

this is the only video i can find, Capcom copyrighted EVERY VIDEO ON YOUTUBE

SOOOO watch the video as sooon as you can. Many people have claimed there was a password entered which opened up both fighters. It's unclear when these fighters were supposed to be officially revealed, but considering Capcom's actions, it wasn't at this time.

Well, there goes any online competition on PS3/360...

(Not that they were ever the same as a good old fashioned offline match, but still)

• 3 months later...