Super Street Fighter IV

Bleck

I'm stoked, I gotta get back in the SFIV groove again. Me and Chun Li kicked much ass. Which means I'll have to buy more xbox gold or whatever.

Good to see they're actually expanding and improving upon SFIV. My only issue with this Street Fighter game has been the ultra combos. You get an Ultra from getting you're ass beat. Which are 2-3x more powerful than the game's super combos, which you are awarded for playing good. So in the end I found super combos somewhat useless. I usually just wasted the super meter on EX moves.

Good to see they're actually expanding and improving upon SFIV. My only issue with this Street Fighter game has been the ultra combos. You get an Ultra from getting you're ass beat. Which are 2-3x more powerful than the game's super combos, which you are awarded for playing good. So in the end I found super combos somewhat useless. I usually just wasted the super meter on EX moves.

Ultras aren't a replacement for supers, especially for certain characters where the super is a totally different move (Ibuki comes to mind). The ultras are a fun comeback system -- much easier to get around than X-Factor in Marvel 3 also. :P

Ultras aren't a replacement for supers, especially for certain characters where the super is a totally different move (Ibuki comes to mind). The ultras are a fun comeback system -- much easier to get around than X-Factor in Marvel 3 also. :P

True that supers can put forth new strategy and as you said some characters have a totally different super move than their ultra. Ultras were not intended to be replacements for supers but,

They might as well be. The way I see it, If you're playing this game well, you really should not have to throw out a super unless you have some grand and specific plan for that super. At least with the characters I usually play as, I find it far more effective to use the EX moves instead and if I start losing, the ultra combo will be waiting. With it's power, I could turn the tables or possibly win the match with that. On the other hand, I could whiff it and fail miserably.

If I'm just saving up to use a super combo, and plan to use it in a combo or set up some kind of trap, It could perhaps be blocked or miss. In which case I'm as a good as a punching bag and all the meter that could've been used for the (usually) safer EX moves has gone to waste.

A scenario I've run into a few times, Is I've decided "I'm gonna get this guy with a super." So I build up that meter and manage to get him with a combo. This was enough to really build up his Ultra combo strength. The opponent then manages to hit me with their ultra and now I'm at less health than them.

TL;DR I'm not complaining about that, I just personally would've preferred the game didn't have two different special gauges. I'll live with it though.

Jhawk aka Hall Hawk will be going to Ultimate Fighting Game Tournamant or UFGT7 Resurrection in Chicago this weekend. it will be streamed on Eventhubs..................most of you guys know the deal. anyway this will be fun im in the same pool as PR Rog and skisonic lol this is going to be great. :< we'll see how good my Hakan is.:tomatoface::tomatoface:

Jhawk aka Hall Hawk will be going to Ultimate Fighting Game Tournamant or UFGT7 Resurrection in Chicago this weekend. it will be streamed on Eventhubs..................most of you guys know the deal. anyway this will be fun im in the same pool as PR Rog and skisonic lol this is going to be great. :< we'll see how good my Hakan is.:tomatoface::tomatoface:

That is awesome -- have a great time! Oh, and if you do well I'm uploading my video of cheesing you out with Ibuki U1 after dash-through. :P

That is awesome -- have a great time! Oh, and if you do well I'm uploading my video of cheesing you out with Ibuki U1 after dash-through. :P

Good luck Jhawk. Do it up, man. I wanna see Hakan representin'.

Also good to see that Bardic's still up to his Ibuki shenanigans in SSFIV. Come the release of Arcade Edition(on PC preferably), we've got to have ourselves that kunoichi rematch. :-P

I love how online, people are like "OMFG God Capcom! You greedy bastards are charging us another 40$ for a game we already own!"

Lol......just lol at how hard they miss the point. The DLC, which is like 15$ is for people who already own Super SFIV. The disc, is for people who don't own Super SFIV at all. If you already have SSFIV for your ps3 or xbox, why in hell would you buy the AE disc?

That's a fair deal in my opinion.