Super Street Fighter IV

Bleck

I haven't had much experience with Games For Windows Live, but this doesn't sound very good:

If you aren’t signed in to an online GFWL profile, the offline mode has limited functionality. Obviously there’s no online play, access to replay channels or other online-centric features (and this is the part that keeps the online play secure from hackers or pirates). Additionally, you won’t be able to save any progress in challenges or settings, won’t have access to any DLC you’ve purchased and all local play will be restricted to 15 of the 39 characters.

The restriction to 15 characters seems pretty ridiculous.

I'm planning to get the DLC version for XBox Live.

When are you ever going to play this game in offline mode?

Whenever the internet goes down for extended amounts of time and you have no way of signing into Steam or whatever and you'd just like to practice for a bit.

Granted the situations in which your PC isn't connected to the internet are very rare, but I'd think that not being able to use DLC or save progress would be harsh enough.

I know I'd be upset if I couldn't play my Sakura, Ibuki, or Juri due to an internet outage.

Whenever the internet goes down for extended amounts of time and you have no way of signing into Steam or whatever and you'd just like to practice for a bit.

Granted the situations in which your PC isn't connected to the internet are very rare, but I'd think that not being able to use DLC or save progress would be harsh enough.

I know I'd be upset if I couldn't play my Sakura, Ibuki, or Juri due to an internet outage.

*shrugs* My internet is always on. If it's out, I'm probably worried about getting it back on, or I'm probably going to just go do something else.

*shrugs* My internet is always on. If it's out, I'm probably worried about getting it back on, or I'm probably going to just go do something else.

I agree with this completely. If we were still in the age of dial up, then this would be a huge problem.

I really don't get why this is an issue to anyone.

I wish I could go, but it's way too far (and therefore expensive) for a non-academic trip. :(

Have fun and do well! I'll watch you on the stream :P

Haha, I forgot I am going to be on the stream if I go. Talk about something to make me nervous.

You know, my only SF experience before this game was Street fighter 2 Turbo SNES, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 (one of my favorite games now)...

Is it just me or does this game feel unbearably slow in comparison? I mean, like, Gen and Rose crawl across the screen when before they were agile fighters.

And while I like playing as some characters, those ultra combos and super-ultra whatevers get old really fast.

It's not bad, but watching the same 15 second attack animation over and over again loses its charm quickly, whereas in ALpha 2 the longest attack animations were over in less than a few seconds.

You know, my only SF experience before this game was Street fighter 2 Turbo SNES, and Street Fighter Alpha 2 (one of my favorite games now)...

Is it just me or does this game feel unbearably slow in comparison? I mean, like, Gen and Rose crawl across the screen when before they were agile fighters.

And while I like playing as some characters, those ultra combos and super-ultra whatevers get old really fast.

It's not bad, but watching the same 15 second attack animation over and over again loses its charm quickly, whereas in ALpha 2 the longest attack animations were over in less than a few seconds.

you are not talking about competitive/tournament playing ?

prepare to get ripped apart

the basic rule of online is that you are always 10x worse than the person you're playing against.

I know people know how to play these characters. That doesn't make them seem any faster (Gen in particular feels like he got the total fucking shaft, and his character/personality seems totally different with that stupid THE WEAK DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE stuff).

I know people know how to play these characters. That doesn't make them seem any faster (Gen in particular feels like he got the total fucking shaft, and his character/personality seems totally different with that stupid THE WEAK DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE stuff).

As someone who mains Gen, I can say you have no effin clue what you're talking about. Getting across the screen is a matter of milliseconds. Ever tried Oga Kick?

Unless of course, you're talking about walking speed.

It's Street Fighter. You don't walk, you fight.

SFIV is pretty slow by comparison. Which is why a lot of SF elitist kids hated it.

Yep yep. Great matches indeed, Bardic. Glad to see we're slowly getting the band back together for some good times with Street Fighter IV.

On a side note, damn I love me some Juri.

Also Emperor, the whole sluggish moving always happens whenever you start a new fighter. Once you figure out your character mechanics, you'll start zipping across the screen in no time. Of course that isn't to say that they didn't slow down the gameplay for the Street Fighter IV series. As for ultras, people used them a lot at first, but as the latest guest on the latest Wake Up SRK podcast mentioned, as the game evolved and strategies grew, people rely less and less on ultras to get through.