*NO* Chrono Trigger 'Technosorcery'

djpretzel

Artist: Skuzz

Web Site URL: www.skuzz.com

E-Mail: skuzz@skuzz.com

I have talked with a lot of OC remix listeners both locally and on the 'net and they all keep telling me to submit my remix of Magus' theme since they say there don't seem to be any good ones on the site that fully exploit its potential, so here it is! I went for a dark and evil yet jumpy remix, Magus kicking ass in style!

This whole submission thing is quite new to me, hopefully I did it right!

Hope you like it as much as everyone else has!

Nick aka Skuzz

• 2 weeks later...

Your submission ettiquette was fine. All the necessary information without prattling on incessantly about your personal life. Nice work.

As for the mix, I'm afraid I'm in agreement with Vig. While this is not painful to listen to, I think that its rather simplistic as far as a techno arrangement goes. The gating rhythm is not all that interesting, and the percussion is a bit repetitive. I could have done with something that had a bit more energy.

Not terrible, but unremarkable. NO

A very simplistic mix that does little to expand upon the original, rather than send the portamento lead on wacky journeys to higher octaves and back. Combine that with synth programming that sounds more like "load default sample" than "make a sample that works", and you've got a pretty dull track. There are sections few and far between that actually get a complex and interesting groove on. Unfortunately, they are surrounded by many sections of the same old, same old synth rhythms and default drum kit patterns.

Much more needed in the areas of arrangement complexity, synth programming and thicker instrumentation.

NO

-D

Not bad at all, but this is fairly generic electronica. There's nothing too original here, it sounds like the same mixes we've heard over and over again.

Decent work, but try adding more complexity to the composition, synth programming and production. This is a decent first submission. You show potential so please keep working at it.

NO