Pokémon Mystery Dungeon - Sky Tower

Algamest

I'm a big fan of the source!

Overall very conservative. I really liked the beginning, but about halfway through I felt like it really needed some more stuff going on. The drums were also pretty robotic - the samples sounded real, but they seemed very dryly arranged - more energy and/or creativity would really help!

When the main melody started up on the violin and/or horns, it also seemed pretty lacking in energy. You can either go for mysterious or thrilling, but right now it's somewhere in-between and it doesn't really work. So either make the melody less muddled in reverb and add harmony, or make it a little more haunting and in the background. But either way, the song really needs either more instruments or it needs to be compacted. (I'm in favor of the former.)

I think it has a lot of potential - I like the ambience! - but it's missing gusto, IMO.

http://www.remixsite.org/remixes/203-v3-Kylebean-After_Today_We_Part

This feels right to me, spent hours tweeking and i think its good to go, but i'm willing to take any comments for a final tune up, Version 4 will be the final product so we're almost there.... Added howling wind effects as a homage to the source, GuitahHeroe, i tried slowing it down, but it just didnt feel right, even from 120 bpm to 110 felt too slow, so i have decided to keep the tempo the same, but i did try it though :P. Upon listening i can only hear a few production issues when there's alot going on, i may just reduce the volume of certain intruments, but if anyone else can hear it let me know, and i'll sort it! :D Thanks people! :-o

Alright, IMO, this has a TON of potential. I really liked the flutes throughout. The only things I can critique are that the drums and the piano do get kinda repetitive. I'm not gonna suggest anything else, because as I exhibited in my last reply, I don't really have that great of an ear for knowing what should be changed without actually changing it to hear what it sounds like XD. . . I'm sorry about that.

Anyway, great work. :D