OCR01991 - Final Fantasy VIII "Seasons"

djpretzel

I have been an avid ocr listener for 4+ years and today was the first time I decided to thank someone for the awesome music they put out. This track is terrific. I loved the intro but the rest of the piece was exceptional as well. Thanks for all the effort!

• 4 months later...

Ah, the underground hip-hop feel brings us into this mix. It quickly mellows out with the synth guitar in there. There is a lot of gating going on here. It becomes a little overwhelming at times, especially with headphones on; my head feels like it's pounding :). The overdriven piano was a daring choice and I'm kind of split on it. This track shows us what Youngjin seems to value most in a remix: dynamic shifts. There are very few things that we can say are constant in all Ziwtra's mixes, but this is definitely the biggest. This sounds like something in the background of "August Rush" which is pretty darn cool. The break down with the synth harp was nice touch. The slow fade in of the synth guitar was also a nice dynamic shift. The low rumble of the synth builds a tension that helps us feel that this mix is not done! But it never builds back up which is a shame, but personal preference is what it is :). Not bad!

• 7 months later...

I'm not a fan of the source material, always thought it was a bit annoying in the actual game, but this is fantastic. Not being a fan of super slick productions (I'm the same with all kinds of music) I love the lo-fi feel and roughness.

Thanks for making this.

• 1 year later...

I do like the intro and outro, as well as the low-fi quirkiness of the whole ReMix. It's got a peaceful feeling to it, with something different other than smooth, crispness. Not my favorite thing from this range, but all in all it I liked it. Could have been better, but it could have been worse, too, so it's fine by me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01991 - Final Fantasy VIII "Seasons"