FL 9 and EWQLSO Gold problems with windows 7

My brother gave me a nice gift package of windows 7 ultimate and FL Studio 9. But I'm having problems with with my EWQLSO Gold (Kompakt). I'll try to load a sample and then i'll get an error message saying, "Physical Memory is getting low! Loading more samples might cause problems. Really proceed loading?" And I'll say yes. (Really. Core 2 duo 6300 @1.87Ghz with 6gb ram and a brand new terabyte HD? I highly doubt that.) After the sample loads I cant get it to play any sound at all! I see the volume levels rising but I'm getting no sound!

Please tell me this isn't a compatability issue. Everything installed fine with no problems right up until this point.

I'd not be happy with your processor, lol.

Anyways, it might not be a RAM issue, because this is the kind of message my brother always gets and he can play just fine... and he's normally got 4 gigs. (Then again, his processor's got +1.03 GHz from yours)

Maybe your sound drivers are not set properly? (If it's ASIO make sure no other program that can play sound is open)

• 1 month later...

It's a software issue with Kompakt player. It seems to happen if you have above 2GB of RAM. An update available from the website for EWQL solves the problem.

https://www.soundsonline.com/support/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=12&pcid=0&nav=0

Gold software update 1.08.003. The sound not playing is a different issue and I'm afraid I can't help you there.

My brother gave me a nice gift package of windows 7 ultimate and FL Studio 9. But I'm having problems with with my EWQLSO Gold (Kompakt). I'll try to load a sample and then i'll get an error message saying, "Physical Memory is getting low! Loading more samples might cause problems. Really proceed loading?" And I'll say yes. (Really. Core 2 duo 6300 @1.87Ghz with 6gb ram and a brand new terabyte HD? I highly doubt that.) After the sample loads I cant get it to play any sound at all! I see the volume levels rising but I'm getting no sound!

Please tell me this isn't a compatability issue. Everything installed fine with no problems right up until this point.

are you using 64-bit windows? if not, you threw the money for the extra two gigs of memory into the trash can, since it won't recognize more than 4gb.

also, neblix, that's not that bad of a processor. it's got nothing on, say, an e8400, or a mid-level i7, but it's decent enough to do less complex stuff. more than half my music was done on a 3.4ghz single-core celeron, 533mhz fsb :<

if you're loading this into fl studio properly and the audio's routing correctly, make sure you're fully updated. i've always found kontakt to be needlessly twitchy when you're using it as a vst, so updating hopefully will fix any complexities you're missing.