OCR00420 - Metal Gear "First Impressions"

Ginnsu

Metal Gear 'First Impressions'

Disco Dan has this very interesting piece here for us that has a really suspenseful action flick (James Bond, etc.) feel to it. Starts off with the marching band drums and leads into a deep fat bass and a 303 that carries the song right on into the melody with underlying techno drums. Might be a bit long, and repetitive but that fits the genre.

• 5 months later...

One of the reasons I like this remix as much as I do is because it's the sort of one that could replay as background music over and over without being annoying after some time. It's redundant, but it takes two different turns (at 1:20 and 1:43, repeating later in the song as well) with interesting choices for instruments that took a lot away from the not-as-appealing point of repetition. It's an interesting remix; in my opinion, worth a download.

Actually, it's interesting you mention sound quality. That's precisely my beef with the stuff I've got on this site. and I'm working on it... slowly.

http://jonx.net/~discodan/misc/updates/

Those are just the mm3 ones for now, but when I recorded all of the songs on this site (with the exception of the mario paint one) I used my Yamaha PSR 630 for the sounds, and my guess is that as a combination of that keyboard and my soundcard's recording ability, the result ended up bass heavy, BUT the sound quality on the keyboard is pretty lo-fi compared to what's out there now, which is why I've been updating.

So anyway, I WILL get around to updating the MG piece, just not right this moment.

DC

• 3 months later...

I really like it. I've got to commend you, it sounds like it came from a motion picture. I am truly inspired to write a script for a video based upon Metal Gear through Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. Ofcourse...the film would be over seven hours...hmm. But I really like this song, it brings back the sounds of the days of NES. And being the MG/MGS fan that I am...mmm. Good times, good times. But really, this is enough to make a person play through the game again.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Nice stuff here, that I can say. The intro was cool with synth melody together with marchdrums, the dibidipi-sounds or whatever, giving the song that techno feeling. But when the new loop came, it felt kinda the one before, but luckily, in marched strings whiched made the synth way cooler. Thanks Disco Dan. So far, you haven´t let me down.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00420 - Metal Gear "First Impressions"