Audio Research Lab Collab Project: Soundtrack for a cover art.

exdeath1

Audio Research Lab is a netlabel based on concept albums and every album will be based on a set of rules or ideas and the musicians will work on it.

The first album of the label will be called valentino

Rules:

On that album, i will get a picture with a name on it.

The idea of that album is that every artist will create a song that he think that would fit as a soundtrack to that picture, the album name will be the name on the pic.

COVER ART:The picture

ALBUM NAME: Valentino

SONG LENGHT: Any

TRACK NAME: Any

MUSIC SUB-GENRE: Any

DEADLINE: 21 July

SONGS: Every artist can only send one music

The pic:

valentino.jpg

PS: The label use some default rules to every album will have (but some albums can override some rules) look at those rules here ( http://audioresearchlab.forumup.us/about3-audioresearchlab.html )

If you want to enter on that project send a e-mail to the netlabel ( audioresearchlab@hotmail.com ) saying that you will create a song or post in the forum of the label thread about that project.

The forum of the label: ( http://audioresearchlab.forumup.us/ )

Just to clarify:

The entire album is a bunch of songs by different artists, and the songs convey each artist's interpretation of the picture, right?

Yes, the album will have many songs by different artists/bands.

And yes, those songs will convey each artist/bands interpretation of the picture, they will create some song/sound that they think that would fit as a soundtrack to that pic.

[....]however I would improve the cover art a bit. As of now it looks like it was taken with a POS digital camera.
[...] that image is yeah, it just looks like a picture taken with a shitty camera.

You have to think about this picture not as a photo, but as a "art" (think about a painting) those crappy things on the pic would be part of the pic and they would not be there ONLY because of the crappy quality of the camera that made the shot.

You have to think about this picture not as a photo, but as a "art" (think about a painting) those crappy things on the pic would be part of the pic and they would not be there ONLY because of the crappy quality of the camera that made the shot.

It's unclear.

I'm not going to say it isn't art, but don't expect people to think of it that way. :/

[...]I'm not going to say it isn't art, but don't expect people to think of it that way. :/

When I used word art, when talking about the pic, I was talking about that those crappy things on the pic are part of the pic.

Its not like when you convert a song from a cd to a 128 MP3 file, the lossy data on this mp3 file would not be part of the song.

On my pic, the lossy things are part of the pic, and they are not just there because of the crappy quality of the camera, i used that camera because i wanted to, i have a better camera here.

Talking about the bands/artists that are into the project, a band sent me a e-mail saying that they are in.

Was bored so I created a little piece inspired by your image. Too busy to contribute for real tho, and tbh I wouldn't trust you with my music.

You're completely unknown to us, we haven't heard your music, any previous projects by you, we know nothing about you and the work you do. Your project forum is empty, google can only find this and a similar post on scene.org about your endeavor. Your might want to contribute to the communities you recruit from, otherwise you easily come off as a kind of spammer. All we know is what you've posted here, so don't be offended when we judge your endeavor's level of seriousness based on the quality of the picture we're supposed to be inspired by.

You've kind'a gotten started on the wrong foot in this community, ending up on the defensive about the pic and not getting much response about the album idea. You might want to lurk some more, get to know the community, contribute some. In any case, good luck with your endeavors.