*NO* Final Fantasy 11 'Heirship'

djpretzel

I don't know the original well enough to know what's going here... -djp

Howday,

How about a fresh Final Fantasy remix (already touted in the W-I-P section)?? :)

Game: FFXI

Remix: Heirship (from "Airship")

Artist: Otto Lehto

That's right, vgmix got it first, but that's simply coz I needed space to hold the song in!

Now, even though the name of the song is NOT in the desired form (thanks to vgmix rules!) IDv2 tags _are_, and the track title (Final Fantasy XI Heirship OC

Remix) should be correct in the _tags_ at least.

But you might want to add the overclocked URL therein.

I'm sorry to say that slipped my attention (yet it's uploaded already, so bear with me!). The rest should be in order.

It's 5.5 megs VBR.

- Otto Lehto, aka K2nsl3r

I only heard the original of this a few times, as FFXI quickly siphoned my life away and I was forced to cancel the subscription.

This track, regardless of its resemblance to the original, which is superficial at best, still suffers from many mastering and arrangement pitfalls. There are some interesting DSP effects on some instruments, but often it cuts out to just the drums or just an atmospheric effect, with little to no musical context for such a solo.

Everything but the drums (which happen to be pretty lo-fi) suffer from extremely washy reverb, and sound like they're being played in a cathedral from a 3-inch speaker. Sometimes it seems to delve into random chord progression. Not only do the timbres not seem to mesh but often the chords simply don't work together with themselves and the melody.

There is some good attention to DSP and processing, but the arrangement, sound quality and chord structure is far too sub-par to pass.

NO

-D

• 4 weeks later...