Your Dream ReMix

Jam Stunna

This is for us, the unwashed masses, who look up in awe at the great ReMixers that make OCR's music while we curse our own lack of musical talent. If you had the ability to make an OC ReMix, what song would you remix?

If I had the talent, I would do a remix of the Song of Healing from Majora's Mask in a heavy metal/bluesy style. Not "How fast can you thrash?!!1!?" metal, but something in the style of Led Zeppelin.

What about you? I know I'm not the only one who's ideas outstrips their abilities!

The most amazing remix, or rearrangement (so the grammar police don't get me) would be one of Still Alive from Portal. The first stanza or so would be normal, than it would break into a ragtimey remix of Pokemon Pinball, followed up by a bigbandish Bomb-Omb's Battlefield, then a 50's rock version of Hill Top Zone (Sonic 2), then a jazzed up Megaman theme, then a grungeish version of the FF7 battle theme, then a futuristic techno version of Chrono's theme, then back to Still Alive to finish it out.

That seriously would be a triumph.

Celes's opera scene from Final Fantasy VI in the style of Within Temptation.

Aqua Star (3-1) from Kirby 64, in the style of Simon and Garfunkle's "The Boxer", complete with a "lie-la-lie" chorus.

The end song of the first Front Mission, "Within Living Memory", in the style of Riccardo Cocciante's "Quando Finisce un Amore" --

-- I actually have a midi half-written for this...

And then Gateway Galaxy --

-- in the style of... well, just about any Pink Floyd song will do. But espeially "Pillow of Winds" or one of the Division Bell songs, like "Coming Back to Life".

Epic version of Okami's final battle songs, done in big band/orchestral style. You start out with Setting Sun (the first final battle song), which gets gloomier and gloomier as it goes on, until it gets interrupted by a condensed version of Reset (breaking it down to the middle two of the repeats, not the full four), followed by a second or two of silence, and then...

Sunrise. The first eleven notes - Amaterasu's motif - are played alone, almost quietly whistled whimsically. And then the drums start, and build and build and build and then the main version of Sunrise starts.

This is so epic in my head that it's a shame it will never happen, but hey, that's how we all feel about our ideas, right?

Two songs from Lunar: Eternal Blue.

The Boss Battle theme as a fusion of rock and Mongolian folk music (inspired by Altan Urag), and the Frozen Continent theme as a Qawwali song. The vocals on both would be the toughest part; I think I could even find a few people from whom to borrow the instruments for the latter, too, but voice isn't something you can borrow {..}. KF

The most amazing remix, or rearrangement (so the grammar police don't get me) would be one of Still Alive from Portal. The first stanza or so would be normal, than it would break into a ragtimey remix of Pokemon Pinball, followed up by a bigbandish Bomb-Omb's Battlefield, then a 50's rock version of Hill Top Zone (Sonic 2), then a jazzed up Megaman theme, then a grungeish version of the FF7 battle theme, then a futuristic techno version of Chrono's theme, then back to Still Alive to finish it out.

That seriously would be a triumph.

That would be EPIC!

If I could ReMix, it would be anything from MMX and SMRPG. Seeing as MMX has an album in the works, it'd would probably the final battle of SMRPG, with a mix of metal orca. It'd work in my head, but my lack of talent prevents me from getting it done.

The song from Super Castlevania 4, level 9. The one with the ghosts and the treasure?

Yeah, i'd still like that one. =)

The

?

Yeah I'd really like to hear a fully realized rendition of

myself as well...

Despite

making a good remix of it, the GBA synths left me wanting so much more...