OCR Music Video Challenge was a success! Videos here!

The Biznut

It's over, and it was awesome!

Huge thanks to LAOS, diotrans, ProjectSpam, BrandonS, and Chernabogue for getting some unique and entertaining entries together for this event. Each video brought something different, and they all went very well with the music.

#ocrmv was much fuller than I expected; thanks to everyone who joined in and made the first OCR Music Video Challenge a lot of fun and a big success!

I especially want to recognize Less Ashamed of Self for investing a lot of time and effort in creating a really classy music video! Dang bro!

Here is the youtube playlist:

OverClocked ReMix Community Music Video Challenge 1

Due to the positive interest, there will very likely be a second Music Video Challenge sometime this summer, so look for it!

Still putting the finishing touches on mine. Should we be adding titling in the corner of the video like with traditional MTV videos, a full credit screen/frame, or or should we just have that in the youtube details?

since you've said you have such a busy schedule, i'd focus efforts on just putting out a polished video.

3 days!

As for IRC, I am thinking that #ocrmv would be the best, so then we don't have a clash of convos.

There was also talk of using synchtube to view the youtube videos. I originally thought that would work, but if we have 20+ viewers I wonder if it will be as feasible. I'll look into it.

So I guess just a publicly linkable youtube playlist? I think this might make sense for another reason too... I don't know how well the buffering system would work with synchtube but I know we all have different connection speeds. I'd hate to have people chatting about a video that's playing for them but not for someone else.

At least with a playlist people can pause and let the video load for a minute; sure they'll be behind by a bit, but at least it won't be choppy with its buffering.

EDIT: Sent Biznut my video last night.

Wherez ur phacebook event?

Hey that's a really good idea. I'll make one right now. Biznut I hope you don't mind me doing this, it's just that it's tomorrow so we don't have a lot of time left to get the word out. I'll post the link when it's ready.

EDIT: Here's a link to the Facebook event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=349126358706 Please pass this around and invite people! Biznut, I made you an admin so you can make any changes if necessary, or let me know if you want me to change stuff.

EDIT 2: Yes! And we got djp to promote it on the OCR fb page ^_^

Wait... it's 9 EST here and on the facebook invite but it's still 7 EST in the competition thread.

EDIT: Also; I've been informed that the #ocrmv channel needs a chanserv so it doesn't fill.

I believe the deadline for submitting videos is 7 PM EST, and the viewing party starts at 9 PM EST?

I'll look into the Chanserv thing, thanks for pointing that out.

EDIT: After a little mini-adventure... we now have chanserv.