Mega Man 10

Schwaltzvald

No, easy should not be Barney's Hide and Seek. I mean, the way they could have made it easy is this: make the weapons use less energy, enemies have half the life, and do half damage, and replace death spikes by damage spikes. Boom, that would be easy.

We get thrown full refils after every mid boss, respawn points and then some, more lives and E-tanks than we need, and pits with floating platforms over them that negate all the challenge. There were a total of 3 tricky jumps in there, but I never had less than 8 lives, Etanks and W tanks in Wily's castle, and once I was done with the gauntlet, I was rewarded with an E tank, W tank, and full refill.

You know how we say easy a pie? Well this is pie for dummies.

I'm not sure this is specifically the blame but you're right about it being disappointing, most of it doesn't seem to have that special groove or something. :(

I never got to finish MM9 because school ate my soul then I forgot I had it, but I might try to grab 10 in a year or two if it's as fun as 9 was. (and of course finish 9 lol)

Still glad that you enjoyed MM 9. Figured it would give you the challenge you were looking for :)

So I've been reading the thread(and since I haven't bought the game yet, scrolling down furiously when I see anything order related :-P), and one thing that stuck with me was what I saw as a generally universal panning of the music. Being that this seemed strange to me, especially given the great music in the series, I figured I'd hit youtube and give a listen to it, and here is my story.

While I can definitely see where you guys are coming from(mostly minor scale, very different, etc.), I actually like the MM10 OST. It has a very impressionist sort of feel to it and has different and dare I say modern comp. techniques used here and there from what I can tell. I especially like what they did to the intro for Pump Man's theme, and while I'm not partial to what I saw as the B section in Blade Man's theme, I liked the overall piece. I think that as a MM OST, it definitely stands out to me as the most unique of the original series' music. It made me think of a particular theme or made me feel a certain type of emotion that I'd attribute to a given stage.

And kiss my ass, Nitro Man's theme is total boss.

And this is where people complain because it isn't some other megaman. "Oh no, the music is different from the other megaman games, and change is bad, we want to play the same game forever and hear the exact same style of music forever. It doesn't matter that the music as a whole is amazing, but because its different from the old ones we don't like them!"

Like really... why cant people just enjoy it for what it is instead of comparing it to everything else?

Sounds more like something that belongs in an MMX game. MM10's music as a whole is disappointing for me, it deviates too much from the classic Capcom NES style.

I don't see how. A lot of it reminds me of MM4's style.

And this is where people complain because it isn't some other megaman. "Oh no, the music is different from the other megaman games, and change is bad, we want to play the same game forever and hear the exact same style of music forever. It doesn't matter that the music as a whole is amazing, but because its different from the old ones we don't like them!"

And if the game DIDN't change styles, we would be hearing "This game is the same as the others. There is no changes. Music is exactly the same. Why should I waste my money on this when I have the other Megaman games that play and sound exactly like this game."

I hate people.

The music isn't bad, but it isn't up to par with what I expect from an 8-bit Mega Man. If I play an 8-bit MM I expect to hear music more reminiscent of the classic soundtracks. Is that so strange?

There's plenty of chiptune music coming out these days, but very few succeed in recreating the old Capcom style in terms of arrangement and production, so I appreciate what little I can get. MM9 pulled it off for the most part, this game doesn't.

Like really... why cant people just enjoy it for what it is instead of comparing it to everything else?

Well I'm not comparing it to anything else, except my expectation that when a new MM/MMX game is created the music is good. I don't personally like the music here, other people do. For me the music just lacks energy so it's not fun to listen to or hum along with like a 5 year old. :P (I don't really agree with the "aw man minor key" bit though, there's tons of MM songs in the minor key, or atleast those are the only ones I can easily remember).

Still glad that you enjoyed MM 9. Figured it would give you the challenge you were looking for :)

I'm going to die when I pick this game back up at willies castle, I always need to relearn the "feel" of a platformer if I havent played it in a while. Although I still masochistically dream of a day someone makes a game that is as hard as the Sacred Grounds in Cave Story though lol.

Does 10 have a hardmode and is it included....9 had downloadable if I recall correctly. I don't mind downloadable content but it kindof stinks when larger things like hard mode are only downloadable :(

Solar Man, Pump Man, Chill Man, Strike Man, Nitro Man...

Those are all pretty bitching tracks, from what I've heard.

I haven't played yet, though I plan to download soon enough. No More Heroes 2 is a first priority buy, though.

ALSO IF YOU DON'T LIKE EASY YOU PROBABLY SHOULDN'T PLAY EASY I MEAN COME ON WHEN THEY FIRST SHOWED OFF EASY MODE THEY WERE REALLY TRYING TO BE FUNNY AND I THINK THAT WAS THEIR INTENT AND IT TOTALLY WORKED BECAUSE EASY MODE LOOKS HILARIOUSLY SIMPLE

Also, a guy I know from another forum wrote a review panning the game because "it didn't connect to Megaman X; the story sucked."

I was like

"uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Does 10 have a hardmode and is it included....9 had downloadable if I recall correctly. I don't mind downloadable content but it kindof stinks when larger things like hard mode are only downloadable :(

Yea. Beat normal and you can unlock hard. Almost done with hard with Megaman. Protoman is going to be hell to beat it with :(

But yea, the music definitely feels like it lives up to the "megaman" standards. Reminds me so much of Megaman 4.

Sheep Man's music is complete sex.