Portal Update and ARG

Sporknight

Anyone figure out where the last 3 are? I got to the final area with GLaDOS and I still need only have 23/26 signals received.

Also, anyone think the places you find the radio and signal are rather ingenious? I put one radio through an infinite portal and I got the signal in mid-air. There was also a radio in a rather high place that I couldn't figure out how to retrieve it. After some more thinking in an already head-scratcher of a game, I got it.

Hope this ties Portal and Episode 3 together in a neat package.

I have never ever interpreted that ending as her being dead.

This basically. I'm not even sure where people got this idea.

Also Episode 3 has been confirmed to tie into Portal ever since Episode 2, where they make it clear that most of or possibly all of Episode 3 will take place in an Aperture Science facility/vessel.

After reading up on all this both here and elsewhere, I don't think I have a choice but to go buy half life and half life 2 and all the extra episodes.

I have never played them for more than 10 minutes.

But I played portal, and it was awesome. If there is a 2nd portal, and a tie in? I gotta get on top of that. Too much intrigue to ignore now.

After reading up on all this both here and elsewhere, I don't think I have a choice but to go buy half life and half life 2 and all the extra episodes.

But I played portal, and it was awesome. If there is a 2nd portal, and a tie in? I gotta get on top of that. Too much intrigue to ignore now.

Just get the Orange Box, it's a fantastic deal. Then wait a couple months for Black Mesa to come out so you can play through the remake of the original (though the original itself still holds up surprisingly well).

Orange box man! Shoulda went with that originally! (I know it was mentioned but it really is just that good, HL2 and it's episodes are great, TF2 is simply awesome and Portal well, you know that already!)

So cool that Portal 2 is official now, I mean, I don't think there was too much doubt in anyone's mind that this was coming eventually, but that doesn't make this less exciting.

Saw that, I was hoping for insight.

"Drat man won?"

I am trying to not get too hyped, as we likely won't know anything too solid until after the game ships.

Multiplayer sounds interesting. I am definitely excited.

It's a new login for the BBS. user/pass: drattmann/h0nee

oalehaaca.jpg

D. Rattmann being the guy who scribbled all over the facility in the first game (including references to bees).

I just don't know how it could work though, with it being both cooperative AND fun.

I'll wait and see.

And here's to hoping to, you know, Episode 3.

A morse code message translated as EP3, as a friend of mine pointed out on another forum.

Then again, another one translated as LOL.

Re-played Portal and got all of the radios yesterday. Excellent update idea, as it added a new puzzle element to every level, and caused some new and bizarre thought processes to be used in levels that were old hat at this point.

New ending was subtle but worth seeing, if you've just been reading about this check it out, I doubt you'll want to put it down until you've fully unlocked the achievement!

glados says it in the game I think

I just restarted and beat the whole thing again right now. those radios are hard to find

nope, the name is not said ingame

it was the name of the character files, so it was found the same way "G-man's" name was found

Hmm. I don't like retconning, and I really don't like what they did to Portal's ending. The cool part about Protal's ending was that Chell earned her freedom, and now apparently she didn't, she just gets captured again. It feels like everything you did in Portal has turned out to be completely meaningless. If this happened at the beginning of the sequel that would be one thing, but they actually patched the story. Ugh.

Also, Portal strongly hinted at a connection with the Half-Life games. It mentions Black Mesa multiple times, and Aperture Science is mentioned in Episode 2 as well. So I was expecting Gordon and Chell to meet up in Episode 3, and the Portal gun to be mixed in with ordinary Half-Life gunplay. That would've been pretty sweet. Instead we're getting a straight up sequel to Portal. I'm not sure Portal needed that.

Of course, on the other hand, co-op gameplay and more Portal levels can only be a good thing, so maybe I shouldn't complain and just look forward to this game.

Hmm. I don't like retconning, and I really don't like what they did to Portal's ending. The cool part about Protal's ending was that Chell earned her freedom, and now apparently she didn't, she just gets captured again. It feels like everything you did in Portal has turned out to be completely meaningless. If this happened at the beginning of the sequel that would be one thing, but they actually patched the story. Ugh.

That wasn't a retcon.