OCR01197 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Saharalah's Homecoming"

djpretzel

Everything about the file identification now says Links Awakening. But the fact remains that this is a Link to the Past mix. I suppose if you wanted you could say its a mix from any of the games that actually have this tune in it which Link's Awakening does not. So I've changed everything in the file to show the correct information. In OCR format of course.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I think this theme's been done WAY too much... and this is just one more time I have to sit through it...

No offence, but it really sounds amateurish. The reed breaks a few times, and the group just doesn't sound together. Also, I really don't think this theme fits a jazz setting. It would have to be REAL good, and this just doesn't cut it... sorry guys...

• 1 year later...

Neat idea really. Cool ensemble. Main event sets the sax but may need a but more tuning. Very complex parts tho so kudos on who ever is playing the part. I'd like to hear vibrato on the high notes. Bass helps to smooth the band and percussion is well equipped too. Nice work so far guys!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Pretty classy sounding stuff, but personally I find it to be way over-noodled and not cohesive sounding. It's like for a lot of sections, the 5 instruments weren't playing the same song. Production is fine, in a washed-out jazz vibe, but overall, the arrangement meanders far too much for my preference.

Sorry guys. :-(

• 5 months later...

For all you nublets and young'ns out there who question the use of Zelda's Lullaby in LOZ:ALTTP it may be before your time . . . but Zelda's Lullaby as been around for a long time . . . I know it was in ALTTP from which the title was given and I do believe Zelda's Lullaby predates ALTTP if I am not mistaken although its been too long since I have played the games before the superb SNES title (which in my opinion is far superior to LOZ:OOT in many aspects flame away all you kids who grew up on N64 (cause you know . . . internet flamewars make peoples change their minds :razz:)

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I can't believe I never left a comment on this guy after I heard it the first time. A few years too late but whatever.

This group is one of the ONLY ensembles I've ever heard that really successfully and organically integrate video game music into an authentic combo setting. Jazz actually does not lend itself well to the standards of ocr (extended soloing, which is pretty normal for the genre, normally results in too much deviation from the original source material). For those of you who aren't terribly familiar with non-commercial jazz that really puts an emphasis on art, this group is a pretty good gateway group to listen to.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01197 - Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past "Saharalah's Homecoming"
  • 5 years later...
  • 5 months later...