OCR01198 - Final Doom "Iron Demon"

djpretzel

WOW ! its doomy alright ..simple tune but effective and straight to the point . Get it ASAP 8O

-------------mini-story---------------------

Final Doom - "Daddy, can i be evil just like you?"

Doom - "Seedling,you're learning fast and i am proud"

Final Doom - "Thanks, oh i'm so happy!"

Doom - "Do not thank me. Thank science"

---------end-of-mini-story------------------

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I think I've heard that soundbyte from the 2'07" point before.. heh.. the tone is haunting :twisted:

The sound is the noise when the Spider Mastermind is powering up.

Thanks for the comments everyone, I used Spectrasonics Stylus and Atmosphere to put together this piece, and a hell of a lot of time tweaking EQ, Distortion, Compression and LFO.

• 2 months later...

I downloaded this remix before I actually played Final Doom (I was firmly addicted to Diablo 1 when it came out), so I was simply hoping that it would have a Doom feel to it. Well it sure does, and it quickly became one of my favorites. The Spider Mastermind sound effect is still creepy everytime I hear it.

I've since played through Final Doom (with jDoom) and I can say this is a huge improvement on the original track!

• 2 years later...

Great synth programming; the sounds here are excellent.

One issue I tend to have with doom soundtracks is that they tend to simply be chord progressions without any ornamentation; usually not exciting enough for me.

This is somewhat the case with this mix, but enough is done throughout to make it more interesting with textures.

• 2 years later...

Despite having played Final Doom, I don't recall any of the music.

The synth and drum programming are both nice, and this is well produced. It could just be the source, but this isn't really holding my interest. It's nice, it sounds good. But I agree with what OA says about it being chord progressions without much ornamentation. TO sounds like he's being pretty clever with what source he has, there's just not a lot of substantive stuff to come back to.

• 1 year later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01198 - Final Doom "Iron Demon"