OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

why would you want a melee weapon that can do more damage to buildings when if you have a huge thing that shoots flames you can be even further away and still have the same effect

Burst vs. DPS. The age old argument.

How much HP do Level 3s have? Because the Homewrecker would do 130 damage per swing if the +100% vs. buildings is accurate.

Burst vs. DPS. The age old argument.

How much HP do Level 3s have? Because the Homewrecker would do 130 damage per swing if the +100% vs. buildings is accurate.

but with the level 3 pushing you away with the bullets you cant always get close enough to melee it (although i do have a bunch of demos of me ubering my friend as sniper and engineer and him meleeing huge sentry nests to death)

but with the level 3 pushing you away with the bullets you cant always get close enough to melee it (although i do have a bunch of demos of me ubering my friend as sniper and engineer and him meleeing huge sentry nests to death)

Which is why you have your Medic run up while Ubered to distract the Sentry.

And it sounds like Level 3 Sentries have 216 HP or something in that neighborhood, so the Homewrecker is more than capable of two-shotting them.

(Theorycrafting is fun!)

so it seems that at the moment you cant craft the new hats

i find it hilarious that some people unloaded all their refined metals last night that theyve been holding for months

Funny you should mention that, TF2 just got updated with the ability to craft the new hats. The Mask and Camera Beard can also be crafted as hats despite being in the Misc. slot.

EDIT: This means that not only can you craft 3 Refined Metal into a Mask or Beard, you can also craft 2 Masks/Beards into a hat. And they still have the better-than-hats drop rate. Wut.

Funny you should mention that, TF2 just got updated with the ability to craft the new hats. The Mask and Camera Beard can also be crafted as hats despite being in the Misc. slot.

EDIT: This means that not only can you craft 3 Refined Metal into a Mask or Beard, you can also craft 2 Masks/Beards into a hat. And they still have the better-than-hats drop rate. Wut.

I wasted a bunch of camera beards then... :|

For some strange reason, this requires a server restart. Either that or its optional and just updates both clients and servers regardless.

Also: Bet you Valve nerfed the drop rate again, or they change it so they can't be used to craft hats on Monday.

I didn't get a single Camera Beard in all my playtime. :|

I'd be really upset that I missed out on easy hats, but all I care about is getting my Pyro hat and that's coming along slowly but nicely. Kind of wish I had got the Medic mask for when I Battle Medic but hey no biggie.

The item drop rate seems to be lower than usual this evening. I'm wondering if Valve is having trouble with its item servers again.

Guys, I got plenty of random drops last night. Remember it's the RANDOM drop system, not the consistent-except-when-the-Steam-items-servers-are-having-trouble-drop system.

Yes, but every time Valve has had a content update, the random item system has broken down for several days. It's been 2 days since the most recent update.

drops are fine

Really? Then why I am seeing things like

Solidwtf2: WOw

Solidwtf2: Just wow

Solidwtf2: Five hours no items

Murdoker: i idled 12 once no items :P

Red: at least you got a hat

*DEAD* Solidwtf2: Broken drop system is broken

Murdoker: well i had 5 hats b4

Murdoker: rage crafted them

Solidwtf2: ITEMS PLEASE VALVE

Murdoker: hats back please :o

Solidwtf2: Maybe gabe should get off his fat ass and do something

(this is from a server log)

Particularly when I'm seeing the same problem, having only gotten four items in the last 24 hours (across 3 different servers) that I've been idling? It's usually considerably higher than this.