OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I thought you already had a server plugin to track that sort of thing (the one with the map).

Anyway, I see I got a new hat today while I was idleing (I'm not home yet); Tough Guy's Torque.

You can't just wait until you get home to see what you got from idling? Is your day really uneventful enough to warrant that? :-P

I've always disliked that emote. Is he sticking out his tongue is he simply teethless witha really red mouth? I don't like it...

Since word on the street is that Chili has a reputation for facestabs, this blog article may be of interest for those who find themselves raging about it. The general phenomenon has been known for a while, but this is the best researched explanation of it that I've found.

It doesn't explain the entire story.

Certain classes, if you get in really close to them, even if they were facing you the entire time, you will still get a backstab.

From personal Spy experience, this includes Heavy and Scout.

The opposite is also true. If you get too close to a Heavy during a backstab, it will be a normal stab, as if you'd hit their front. (I haven't tried it with Scouts).

Note that these are from dead-on, even a slight angle "fixes" the problem.

You can't just wait until you get home to see what you got from idling? Is your day really uneventful enough to warrant that? :-P

I've always disliked that emote. Is he sticking out his tongue is he simply teethless witha really red mouth? I don't like it...

I do the same thing. I'll use TF2backpack to see what's in my random item queue without bringing the minimized TF2 up. Or I do it if I'm at a different computer.

I do the same thing. I'll use TF2backpack to see what's in my random item queue without bringing the minimized TF2 up. Or I do it if I'm at a different computer.

tf2stats.net

register

go to user CP

click profile/settings

fill out the email address

???

email notifications when stuff drops

Also, I've found you can facestab a medic during his Medigun taunt, but it requires very precise timing.

It doesn't explain the entire story.

Certain classes, if you get in really close to them, even if they were facing you the entire time, you will still get a backstab.

From personal Spy experience, this includes Heavy and Scout.

The opposite is also true. If you get too close to a Heavy during a backstab, it will be a normal stab, as if you'd hit their front. (I haven't tried it with Scouts).

Note that these are from dead-on, even a slight angle "fixes" the problem.

I do know that you can reliably facestab someone by hitting them as they back away from you, and there are many reports of Heavies being susceptible to failstabs, especially when they're munching a Sandvich. But the link I posted is what Chili's using to get his infamous facestabs.

Which, I should quickly mention, are only facestabs in the sense that the Spy and the target are facing opposite directions. Because the attack falls in the rear 180 arc, it's technically a legitimate backstab.

I do know that you can reliably facestab someone by hitting them as they back away from you, and there are many reports of Heavies being susceptible to failstabs, especially when they're munching a Sandvich. But the link I posted is what Chili's using to get his infamous facestabs.

Which, I should quickly mention, are only facestabs in the sense that the Spy and the target are facing opposite directions. Because the attack falls in the rear 180 arc, it's technically a legitimate backstab.

Yes, most facestabs are just the difference between client and server latency. The game tends to favor the attacker when events happen which explains most facestabs. The only true facestabs are the ones you mentioned above.

On a side note, I never knew that tf2stats could be used to search for servers running specific maps. That is awesome because I have been able to find some servers running takeback mountain. It is also awesome because my server list only shows a fraction of the servers with TF2. I get around 1800 when the list is probably closer to 4000.

On a side note, I never knew that tf2stats could be used to search for servers running specific maps. That is awesome because I have been able to find some servers running takeback mountain. It is also awesome because my server list only shows a fraction of the servers with TF2. I get around 1800 when the list is probably closer to 4000.

This may be due to yesterday's master server downtime. I know OCReMix IDLE didn't reconnect to the masters until I restarted it.

Also, I has Fancy Fedora. :D

The master server list is divided up into zones. As far as the US goes, there's east and west coasts lists. tf2stats lets you search the full list, so it'll always be larger. The east/west split is probably a bit extreme, but you'll probably ping better to servers on your own list than you will to ones you find on tf2stats.

Also, OCRemix isn't on tf2stats' list anymore. Something's weird with the master server, and I haven't been able to pull a list for a while (And they dropped off when pav was doing upgrades).

valvveeeeee:banghead:

Fixed. Heh.

So, hl2master.steampowered.com (the address they tell you to use since the ips might change) points to an IP that doesn't work anymore.

found an alternate IP, that works fine. Had to restart both OCR servers to get them relisted though, neither were on it.

actually whats more funny is that valve decided to forget about fixing the crashed clients bug and release more hats instead

Are we talking about the client disconnect bug that drops you from the server even when you have a stable connection? That one has been occurring lately. The only real crashes that I have had have come from running multi core support. It seems to have turned itself on without my knowledge. It does seem to be giving a large boost in FPS lately.

But bug fixes would be terrific.

The master server list is divided up into zones. As far as the US goes, there's east and west coasts lists. tf2stats lets you search the full list, so it'll always be larger. The east/west split is probably a bit extreme, but you'll probably ping better to servers on your own list than you will to ones you find on tf2stats.

Also, OCRemix isn't on tf2stats' list anymore. Something's weird with the master server, and I haven't been able to pull a list for a while (And they dropped off when pav was doing upgrades).

valvveeeeee:banghead:

I thought ORC not being on the server list was a client side problem. Glad to hear it isn't.

When I do use tf2stats I just ping the specified server from the command prompt before I connect. I honestly think that it's mostly a client side problem with my connection. I have yet to find the Steam support article that fixes it. I think it involved slowing down how fast TF2 refreshes the server list.

Are we talking about the client disconnect bug that drops you from the server even when you have a stable connection? That one has been occurring lately. The only real crashes that I have had have come from running multi core support. It seems to have turned itself on without my knowledge. It does seem to be giving a large boost in FPS lately.

no i mean that sometimes a client will crash upon connection to a server but for some reason the client will remain on the server forever taking up a ghost slot on the server

they cant be kicked no matter what you try the only way to get rid of them is a reboot

some servers can rack up 5 or 6 ghosts in a couple days

So, has anyone else noticed that you can't craft the Pain Train with your Soldier and Demo items? You can only craft them with other Pain Trains.

Also, I don't know how, but I now have all 3 Spy hats (plus the Camera Beard).

I got two of them in the last two days! Fedora yesterday and Mullet today.

So, has anyone else noticed that you can't craft the Pain Train with your Soldier and Demo items? You can only craft them with other Pain Trains.

Also, I don't know how, but I now have all 3 Spy hats (plus the Camera Beard).

I got two of them in the last two days! Fedora yesterday and Mullet today.

Actually, when I got my first hat I got my second hat the next day.