OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

wait wait we have our own idle server

I run one over at idle.ocrtf2.com:27060 (173.212.246.226:27060)

putting autokicking reserved slots on an idle server is a ridiculously jerkish move

And yet, this is precisely why I had to create my own.

Of the idle servers with open slots after the last update, you had:

1. Ones that lied about the number of free slots (using the Oil and CBaseServer plugins?), causing your to get a "Server is full" on connect.

2. Ones that have reserved slots set up the same way we do.

After not being able to reconnect to my own idle server, I opted to set Sourcemod back up, including the reserved slots plugin.

Yes, put a pass on it. There is some guy named Ninja Medic on there right now running around yelling at people, doing usual 4chan "YOU ARE FAIL, FAIL SOLDIER, FAIL SPY, FAG" stuff. Putting the name idle or running an idle map attracts morons of all walks.

why does it matter to you what people say on an idle server youre not supposed to be there to begin with

I would like to idle, but I fear my computer would crash for no reason like it has been doing these last few months.

If only there was some sort of non-intrusive program that used the memory and processing power of a small feather. That would not be talked about by Valve, and then suddenly steal all of your items that you idled for.

If only something like that exsisted.

If only...

I would like to idle, but I fear my computer would crash for no reason like it has been doing these last few months.

If only there was some sort of non-intrusive program that used the memory and processing power of a small feather. That would not be talked about by Valve, and then suddenly steal all of your items that you idled for.

If only...

Nah, someone would have to be pretty stupid to create a program whose use would be a violation of the Steam user's agreement... :P

actually, don't put a password on.

reserved slots are fine.

Most idlers are using SourceTools now, which will reconnect to a new server if you get RS kicked.

Items DO NOT DROP in servers with only 1 person.

I still vote for keeping a password on the server. There's no reason we shouldn't, since it'll only be OCR members who use it.

If only...

SourceTools runs tf2 in -textmode.

No gpu load, low cpu load, low memory load. Try it. :3

Random question: Has the rotation been updated yet?

Also, I made a pair of new sprays and need opinions on which one to use.

Milkshake

Classy Lady

I like the first one, but it's a little hard to read and there's a lot going on. The second one is quick, offensive and silly - so basically TF2.

Also, I heard someone (Fireslash?) mention that the rotation's been changed, but I don't know the specific maplist.