OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I should be able to do it more than those three days a week soon, as I am moving to the 1400 - 0000 shift, but I dunno, I won't be able to stay on all night till like 0600 like I have been.

Remind me to never get a military job. I like pretending to have a sleep schedule.

Not that 2-12 is ideal mind you, but I've only ever pulled a single allnighter in my life, and that was the midnight release of Smash Bros. Brawl.

at least he makes decent money for only working 4 days a week, I get paid the bare minimum...and making less than $1000 a month sux...I'm actually thinking about stuffing myself back into a closet and joining the military myself, at least that would give me a viable option of going back to school...which is kaput at the moment due to lack of personal funding and ineligibility for financial aid...

Not to mention it would be nice to get away from Amarillo.

And I'd much rather work a schedule that doesn't have me flipping around sleep constantly...this graveyards to evenings thing I'm doing every week is really starting to get on my last nerve.

And I have a question...why does this thing always change colors? :points to signature:

That makes me feel like an R-tard...I'm kinda tempted to jump back on the server and play some more...but surely it's winding down for the night...

I just realized I jumped another 100 upwards on my ranking...that's nice...I jumped up 3000 on my second night, and a hundred or so every night since...I'm probably getting close to my happy medium though...I still suck balls after all.

That makes me feel like an R-tard...I'm kinda tempted to jump back on the server and play some more...but surely it's winding down for the night...

I just realized I jumped another 100 upwards on my ranking...that's nice...I jumped up 3000 on my second night, and a hundred or so every night since...I'm probably getting close to my happy medium though...I still suck balls after all.

Round the top 100 is were you will start slowing rank progression to a crawl, as that is the wall of regulars.

I will never make it back into the top 10. Makes me sad.

I was once #1 too.

That was a swell 3 weeks.

I should be on more in the coming week, desperately trying to claw my way back into the top 30. Spring break was full of booze, mosh pits, and mashed potatoes. I might be lying about the mashed potatoes. I think I may try to broaden my strategic horizons a bit and diversify my frag-stock portfolio... aka I may actually slow down on the Spying and start getting some practice with Scout. Twitch-gaming, here I come...

I feel your pain, Brushfire... never again will I reach my height of #11.

Round the top 100 is were you will start slowing rank progression to a crawl, as that is the wall of regulars.

I will never make it back into the top 10. Makes me sad.

It seems like once you progress high enough in Hlstatsx the only true way to get points is through completing objectives. The other thing you have to watch for is avoiding death since you lose so many points that way.

Also, I have reclaimed my title as OCR's Best Medic once again.

Does that mean you have the most healing? I noticed you took lead for syringe gun kills. One other question, does anyone know if healing gives points in Hlstatsx? I can't find a point value for it in the list but it does seem to be recorded based on ribbons and awards.

I think I may try to broaden my strategic horizons a bit and diversify my frag-stock portfolio... aka I may actually slow down on the Spying and start getting some practice with Scout. Twitch-gaming, here I come...

There are some scout discussions a few pages back that may help. You also may want to turn off mouse acceleration and viewmodels.

Here's a quick bind to toggle viewmodels. Put this into the console if you want it. Change the f9 key to whatever you want associated with it.

bindtoggle "f9" r_drawviewmodel

Also:

Choose your own adventure.

There are some scout discussions a few pages back that may help. You also may want to turn off mouse acceleration and viewmodels.

Here's a quick bind to toggle viewmodels. Put this into the console if you want it. Change the f9 key to whatever you want associated with it.

In my experiences, playing Scout without viewmodels really improves my ability to focus an quickly target enemies. I have turning viewmodels on bound to scroll-up and turning them off to scroll-down. Works great for me, although I bet most people have other stuff bound to the mouse wheel.

In my experiences, playing Scout without viewmodels really improves my ability to focus an quickly target enemies. I have turning viewmodels on bound to scroll-up and turning them off to scroll-down. Works great for me, although I bet most people have other stuff bound to the mouse wheel.

If you use flame's config, you can turn viewmodels on and off per weapon.

It's quite handy. I've found that my RL and shotgun skill improves with VMs off, butit's nice to have them on for melee weapons.

At least you reserve the right to have a title, I guess mine would simply be, the n00b.

I lost most of my titles lately because I haven't been playing. At various times in the past I've had:

Most Revolver Kills

Most Huntsman Kills

Urine For a Surprise (Most Jarates)

and the one I still have is Not Even Winded (most Scout Taunt Kills)