OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I have a 9600GT. Is it really worth the 75 dollars more to upgrade? I mean, I play the game fine as it is.

EDIT: I think I gave the impression I have a crap computer. I don't. I just choose to maximize my FPS, and with this config it runs very smoothly.

Whatever works for you. Besides, I think that the Source Engine is bound more to the processor than the video card. This would make sense as I say nearly no difference when I upgraded from a Radeon HD 4500 to and Nvidia 9500GT.

Whatever works for you. Besides, I think that the Source Engine is bound more to the processor than the video card. This would make sense as I say nearly no difference when I upgraded from a Radeon HD 4500 to and Nvidia 9500GT.

from a Radeon HD 4500?

You are aware that the Radeon 4000 series is from the same generation as the GeForce 9000 series?

Yeah. My processor could be better but it wasn't my computer to begin with and I've worked with it. It works overall and once you've gotten used to it the graphics really aren't that bad. The only thing that bugs me anymore is the blocky lighting effects but that's not much to sacrifice for a smooth game.

Couple of things:

First, between finals coming up and a veritable deluge of assorted projects, I may or may not be able to play TF2 as much as I used to during the next couple of weeks. We'll see.

Second, feel free to tell me to shut up if anyone gets tired of hearing me gripe about my terribad luck, failstabs, pathetic K/D, etc.

from a Radeon HD 4500?

You are aware that the Radeon 4000 series is from the same generation as the GeForce 9000 series?

I was unaware. I upgraded to the 9500 GT because it had twice the memory of the 4500 HD. Video cards aren't really my thing so I am pretty bad at comparing them to each other.

Your annoyance is often validated Paranoid. It rarely is bothersome. Failstabs are a legitimate source of complaint.

Minor TF2 update. Buy the new Sam & Max game before April 24 for a hat and skins for the Pistol and Revolver. Also Equalizer damage has been nerfed to only do ~100 at max power rather than 150, with appropriate scaling for the other health values.

They can't nerf me! I already suck! LOL :tomatoface:

Not bad, Equalizer was a little too good, but fun, was hoping they'd give out another round of Cheater's Laments before I give in and start idling, guess we'll see :lol: . Sam and Max stuff just doesn't sound cool to me at all, gonna take a wild guess those items will be less common than Bill's hat but I could be way off.

Not bad, Equalizer was a little too good, but fun, was hoping they'd give out another round of Cheater's Laments before I give in and start idling, guess we'll see :lol: . Sam and Max stuff just doesn't sound cool to me at all, gonna take a wild guess those items will be less common than Bill's hat but I could be way off.

You can still idle you know. Just don't run an external program to do it.

I preordered Sam and Max through the Telltale Games store.

That used to be the way to do it.

Not any more. Not only was the game released early on the iPad, people who preordered it through Steam get things that are actually useful rather than a "free episode" of a game they didn't really want and the opportunity to buy it on DVD for an extra $5.

From the way they talked about it on the blog, it'll be a one-off event like Bill's Hat or Gentle Manne's Service Medal -- they don't randomly drop, and you only have a limited timeframe to get them.

EDIT: Unless you mean fewer people will get Sam & Max than Left 4 Dead 2. In which case idklolbffjill.

From the way they talked about it on the blog, it'll be a one-off event like Bill's Hat or Gentle Manne's Service Medal -- they don't randomly drop, and you only have a limited timeframe to get them.

It is. You have to buy the game before April 23.

I'm currently waiting for support@telltalegames.com to cancel my existing order before I re-purchase it through Steam.

Although, Jake from TellTale is saying that he's trying to work with Valve to get people who ordered the game through them the TF2 hats.

EDIT: Unless you mean fewer people will get Sam & Max than Left 4 Dead 2. In which case idklolbffjill.

I wonder how many people will buy it just for hats.

P.S. I forgot to mention I already restarted the servers, so they should be updated.

Found out an interesting little thing. :U It's possible to emulate my horrid internet through console commands. For anybody wanting to give it a try, here you are. :D Replies would be awesome.

sv_cheats 1

tf_bot_add 5

net_fakelag 3800

net_fakeloss 25

net_fakejitter 250

When my internet decides to be normal shitty

sv_cheats 1

tf_bot_add 5

net_fakelag 500

net_fakeloss 10

net_fakejitter 100

sv_cheats 1

tf_bot_add 5

net_fakelag 80

net_fakeloss 1

net_fakejitter 50

That's about my average when it doesn't want to suck, if I'm lucky I'll have net_fakeloss 30 or maybe a net_fakejitter 7, but that's as good as it'll ever get.

I suggest Create Server on a VALVe map like cp_granary which the bots will respond in so you don't have to generate a nav for the map. Note all games put you in a 3 v 3 setup, so you may be attacked--have fun with that...

New equalizer stats:

200hp:

Normal hit: 25-35 dmg

Critical hit: 98 dmg

150hp:

Normal hit: 40-65 dmg

Critical hit: 158 dmg

100hp:

Normal hit: 70-85 dmg

Critical hit: 219 dmg

50hp:

Normal hit: 80-110 dmg

Critical hit: 280 dmg

1hp:

Normal hit: 120-135 dmg

Critical hit: 340 dmg

Weapon descriptions:

http://tf2stats.net/all_items/

Pics:

smguns.jpg

Equalizer nerf feels about right actually. Took two hits to take down a solly earlier (where normally I would have one shotted him), so hopefully the cheapness of the weapon will be reduced a bit. Speed is unchanged.

Also no longer one shot crits overhealed heavies.