OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I've gotten exactly 1 item since the item drop change... and it was a hat. The Texas Ten Gallon to be exact.

Also, the masters still have the issue where, if you've been playing the same map for a while, they start doing this:

A2C_PRINT from 216.207.205.99:27011 :

No challenge for your address.

A2C_PRINT from 216.207.205.98:27011 :

This is usually accompanied by a noticeable lack of item drops.

Those appear to be the only addresses for masters in North America now, as all the servers I administer (OCR TF2 BLU, RED, IDLE; OCR L4D2 1 and 2) use those now (they used to be selected randomly from a pool).

Also, the masters still have the issue where, if you've been playing the same map for a while, they start doing this:

A2C_PRINT from 216.207.205.99:27011 :

A2C_PRINT from 216.207.205.98:27011 :

This is usually accompanied by a noticeable lack of item drops.

I've been playing on the SourceOP 2fort server a bit and I've had this happen. Didn't get drops for a while, and then suddenly got 8 at once the next time I played there.

For those who've not yet seen this, I've run some figures on the new drop system.

http://tf2stats.net/forums/index.php/topic,14.msg25.html

The system seems to be a bit weird at the moment.

I've still only gotten 1 item (a hat) since the system changed, despite the fact that I was on for several hours yesterday.

Do we know if your regular item drops go down if a hat drops?

The system seems to be a bit weird at the moment.

I've still only gotten 1 item (a hat) since the system changed, despite the fact that I was on for several hours yesterday.

Do we know if your regular item drops go down if a hat drops?

I was going to call that Valve would have completely removed hat drops in favor of the crafting system but I just remembered as I was typing this post that I saw someone get a Modest Pile of Hat this morning.

I'll be on hiatus from TF2 for a while...the red went out in my video card and I don't have the extra money to replace it anytime soon...I can't play TF2 on a green monitor because it's hard to look at...there's a possibility that it could cut back in though...I'm going to leave that computer on while I'm at work and see if the Video Card will warm up and the red comes back thru, if that's the case, then I may be on tomorrow night to play...we'll just see...if not, then I'll be gone till I can get a new one... :(

What is it with the Billycock? Powerlord (I think) has one, I have one, my RL friend has one, and now you have one. o.O;

Only good spies may don the Billycock. Imitators shall be left to their beards with film.

I have a billycock and I wear it.

Yet I am an awful spy I get more kills with the revolver than I ever have with the knife.

Thusly I do not think this really applies.

Curses! I have no fancy hat yet enjoy regularly spying it up. Looks like I'll have to pursue one.

In other news, I bought the newest Sam & Max game and got the TF2 exclusives. The pistols you get are basically skins for the Spy's revolver and the Scout's pistol. Playing with the revolver again (as apposed to the Ambassador) makes me realize just how good it really is. I get crits more often with it than I ever got headshots with the Ambassador! Guess I just wasn't good enough. :-?

Okay, I have some questions...I read online that the best replacement for an NVidia 7600GT would be either an NVidia 9500GT, or an ATI 4670, I need some help, which card should I choose, and what would be the cheapest make and model for my computer that isn't going too cheap, links would be appreciated...I would like to find one that could handle some better games too...seeing as how some of my newer games crashed my computer on occasion. Anyways, I'm looking since my 7600 is going out, and I'd like to find something within the $50-100 range...I'm coming to the TF2 guys because I would think some of you know what you're talking about and computer hardware is greek to me.

Okay, I have some questions...I read online that the best replacement for an NVidia 7600GT would be either an NVidia 9500GT, or an ATI 4670, I need some help, which card should I choose, and what would be the cheapest make and model for my computer that isn't going too cheap, links would be appreciated...I would like to find one that could handle some better games too...seeing as how some of my newer games crashed my computer on occasion. Anyways, I'm looking since my 7600 is going out, and I'd like to find something within the $50-100 range...I'm coming to the TF2 guys because I would think some of you know what you're talking about and computer hardware is greek to me.

Uh, good luck finding either of those! Obviously whatever you read was written at the time that they were new.

Two steps: Find out if your motherboard has pci express slots, go buy either a 4850 or 9800gt if you're on a small budget.