OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I think Blu is down completely, I don't even see it on the server list.

And this just in: Watermelon-kun has been challenged! Who is this gourdian adversary, you may ask, who dares to confront the ever-victorious leader?

Behold, he comes!

Coconut_Senpai.bmp

The mighty Coconut-senpai has come to lead us to victory. And if not that, then a fantastic pina colada is a definite second option.

Hey, just a heads up. The Blu server is acting a bit wonky. Every time we try and initiate a vote, we get the message "Vote is already in progress." This was a persistent problem even over a map change.

-Krowbar

you need an admin to rcon sm plugins unload customvotes then rcon sm plugins load customvotes (sm_rcon also works of course)

I think Blu is down completely, I don't even see it on the server list.

At first I assumed it was because the server was timing out or something, but I see that RED is still up... I'll look into this.

Edit: Its window is frozen... not sure what happened there, but I restarted the server.

you need an admin to rcon sm plugins unload customvotes then rcon sm plugins load customvotes (sm_rcon also works of course)

I did sm plugins refresh last night and it appeared to fix the problem.

Also, can we turn sv_pure off?

Why?

Turning off sv_pure is a really easy way to let in people who modify textures to be transparent (AKA wallhackers).

I've updated both MetaMod and Sourcemod on the server to the latest stable versions. I've also updated the RunTeamLogic extension (for larger teams in Arena) and SDKHooks extension (used by the HLStatsX logging mod for something), since old extensions would no longer work.

Turning off sv_pure is a really easy way to let in people who modify textures to be transparent (AKA wallhackers).

my whitelist that you guys use is outdated im pretty sure thats the actual issue here

my whitelist that you guys use is outdated im pretty sure thats the actual issue here

The most recent server update included a new whitelist, and as far as I know, we haven't switched it out for any old versions we have.

Lets do Megas XLR. I have been working on supremely awesome R.E.G.I.S Mark V micspam.

Hey, cool! That works, too. The wikipedia synopsis sounded ok. Unfortunately, I have never seen that show. How many characters / soundboards would you have available?

The most recent server update included a new whitelist, and as far as I know, we haven't switched it out for any old versions we have.

if its anything like the last default whitelist mathacking is incredibly easy with it enabled

not that mathacking isnt incredibly easy even when a server is sv pure 2 but yeah

if its anything like the last default whitelist mathacking is incredibly easy with it enabled

not that mathacking isnt incredibly easy even when a server is sv pure 2 but yeah

Really? The default whitelist only allows players to use custom files from 5 directories.

Those directories are:

models\player\

materials\models\player\

materials\vgui\replay\thumbnails\

materials\vgui\logos\

materials\vgui\logos\ui\

The last 3 are for custom sprays.

is there like a glitch where frogg is completely invisible to everyone but me

or is he somehow mind controlling everyone to think that he is not a threat

I ubered two people yesterday and both of them just sort of waltzed by him and tried to kill scouts!

or is he somehow mind controlling everyone to think that he is not a threat

I ubered two people yesterday and both of them just sort of waltzed by him and tried to kill scouts!

Hey, you never ubered me!

Then again, when I was on yesterday, I was playing predominately Medic and Spy, so if you were ubering me, you were doing it wrong!

Uber Spy for ambassador killing spree.

I tend to use the Revolver (or rather the Big Kill now) unless a map is rather small or has lots of Snipers wearing razorbacks.

P.S. If you see me on tonight, bitch at me or kick me, as I have enough classwork and studying to do tonight that there's no way I'll be finished in time to play.

I've had similar experiences with "invisible people." Once on double-cross I was playing sniper and nobody could apparently see me. Twas quite epic (for me at least)! Headshoots from nowhere and everywhere! Don't know how it happened, though.

I've had similar experiences with "invisible people." Once on double-cross I was playing sniper and nobody could apparently see me. Twas quite epic (for me at least)! Headshoots from nowhere and everywhere! Don't know how it happened, though.

Usually, it's the other way around, where just one person can't see you... usually caused by them alt-tabbing during the game (and fixed by them leaving the server and reconnecting... keeping in mind that you can "join a server" without disconnecting first to not lose your slot).

Hey, just a heads up. The Blu server is acting a bit wonky. Every time we try and initiate a vote, we get the message "Vote is already in progress." This was a persistent problem even over a map change.

-Krowbar

I don't know if it is just me (I've heard others complain), but the server gets really laggy anytime the server goes over a certain threshold. If the server is full it's pretty bad.

I don't know if it is just me (I've heard others complain), but the server gets really laggy anytime the server goes over a certain threshold. If the server is full it's pretty bad.

I've noticed that we occasionally get lag spikes, but generally I don't see any more lag than usual*.

I could set up an alternative server, which was OK for TF2 IDLE, but given its poor performance on L4D2, I wouldn't count on it being any better. Probably because BOINC is running there, and using up any "free" cycles it can on all 4 cores.

*Keeping in mind that, since about 6-9 months ago, my ISP rerouted and my ping went from 30-70 normal to 120-200 normal on the same server.

I've noticed that we occasionally get lag spikes, but generally I don't see any more lag than usual*.

I could set up an alternative server, which was OK for TF2 IDLE, but given its poor performance on L4D2, I wouldn't count on it being any better.

*Keeping in mind that, since about 6-9 months ago, my ISP rerouted and my ping went from 30-70 normal to 120-200 normal on the same server.

Yeah, I normally also get around 30-70 ping. Sucks about the re-route. :/

Hah! I just saw your signature, Powerlord, and first read I thought it said "enemies of the hair." I find that more amusing.

Woah, I just found out that Peggle Extreme can be downloaded for free on Steam. Some guy made a bit list of all the free things on Steam! Check it out at the link... http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573?repost=yes

EDIT: Wait, wait... no, this is just the free version that came with the Orange Box. I thought this was the full version Peggle. Sorry for the misdirected excitement. :(

Woah, I just found out that Peggle Extreme can be downloaded for free on Steam. Some guy made a bit list of all the free things on Steam! Check it out at the link... http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851573?repost=yes

If Peggle Extreme is the one with Valve characters in it, then yeah... it's always been free.

However, if you timed it right, you could have gotten the non-Steam version of Peggle Nights for free, too!