OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

If I had to guess, Paranoid, your computer might be overheating. You may recall I've had that problem a few times where my lapop gets too hot and then simply shuts down with no warning. Could be that something's screwed up there.

See if it shuts down with any other programs - mine's done it with TF 2, L4D2, Titan Quest, and twice when a friend was playing World of Warcraft.

So what was up with Atmuh complaining about the music last night? Any time someone would start something, he'd immediately request it turned off. If you don't like someone's music, add them to your personal mute list. Or is this just more trolling?

I thought atmuh didn't even play with voice on to begin with.

Text request of "Stop this music now" (or something to that effect) occurred every time music started while the rest of the server (with a one time-exception of one other person) found the music to be quite relaxing.

its really annoying when out of nowhere with people talking someone decides itd be a GREAT IDEA to start playing some music out of nowhere

id much rather if the person playing the music would just stop than me having to individually mute them as i have "turn the music off" bound to a key (since according to the RULES youre supposed to turn it off if someone asks you to) as opposed to having to stop what im doing and press esc to mute them in which case ill probably die

Music is turned off by request, always has been. If one person doesn't like it you're to turn it off. Unfortunately as far as I've seen you'll just ignore me if I say anything about it.

Personally I think we *really* need to go back to music during setup only. Sorry but no I'm not interested in hearing Wily Stage 1 or FF7 when I'm trying to hear what's going on around me.

I've seen Darkesword try to go back to setup only a couple times but it's not going to happen unless all the admins bother with it.

And as much as any of you hate to see someone agree with atmuh it's gotten to the point that a "voice_enable 0" keybind is actually useful in a day to day basis for me. There's something wrong there, don't you think?

That's why that rule is present, and everyone should be aware of it; if no-one minds, it's not a problem, but if it's disturbing someone's gameplay, or they just don't like the music, it can be quickly stopped. This does rely on the integrity of the players, though. If the rule is consistently abused, it may be worth considering removing the privilege of allowing music to be played at all.

But I'm not an admin, so meh. I'm pretty notorious by now for mic-spamming soundtracks, I'll be working on limiting the amount I do that in the future.

Personally I think we *really* need to go back to music during setup only. Sorry but no I'm not interested in hearing Wily Stage 1 or FF7 when I'm trying to hear what's going on around me.

This.

I've seen Darkesword try to go back to setup only a couple times but it's not going to happen unless all the admins bother with it.

It doesn't help that we don't really have a single, cohesive rule that all the admins enforce. I was actually talking with FireSlash about it a while back, but he's taking a short break from admin drama right now.

Wait... with both FireSlash and Bahamut gone, that means... I'm in charge... MWAHAHAHAHAHA.

(Seriously, though FireSlash is still around, just not doing admin stuff when he's not playing.)

The game login screen? or Windows?

Windows.

*snip*

Well, I wiped the entire drive and installed 7 from scratch, so fingers crossed.

If it still doesn't work though, it would seem that it's a pretty major hardware problem. i.e. something I HAVE to bring it to a shop for.

Re: Micspams, I don't really have a problem with it as long as it's either a) short or B) relatively quiet.

I don't mind music in late-night games when the server's only got a few people in it and we're just goofing around, or if the music is quiet enough that it doesn't interfere with hearing things around you. If it's loud enough that I have trouble hearing people calling for medic, that's too much. If it's at about BGM levels, fine by me. For the most part, though, I'm fine with keeping music to setup.

If it still doesn't work though, it would seem that it's a pretty major hardware problem. i.e. something I HAVE to bring it to a shop for.

not really

run memtest to see if its the ram

see if you have an old video card or someone you know does lying around to see if its the video card

you can test stuff yourself you know

not really

run memtest to see if its the ram

see if you have an old video card or someone you know does lying around to see if its the video card

you can test stuff yourself you know

@Atmuh

The problem Paranoid will run into is that he is using a laptop. As soon as he starts removing parts he might be voiding warranties.

When you say run a memtest are we talking about running a program on the RAM? Or are we talking about a problem with the sticks of RAM, as in hardware?

@Paranoid

Is your laptop still under warranty? If the issue is hardware then you may be able to force the manufacture to replace the bad parts. Just make sure to keep your hard drive/personal information.

If the issue is overheating then you may want to install a hardware monitor. I use this one currently.

http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php

When you say run a memtest are we talking about running a program on the RAM? Or are we talking about a problem with the sticks of RAM, as in hardware?

http://www.memtest.org/

also, laptop fans require cleaning semi-regularly. use compressed air. But do it in short bursts, as a continuous stream of air can cause the fan bearing to fail.