OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

So I tried turning on the "ting!" sound on hit as I've seem many very good players on youtube that have it on. However, when playing pyro, each flame hit triggers the sound (which stack, audibly) and it ends up very annoyingly loud. Any work around for this or should I just turn it off when I play pyro?

You can change the volume of the sound in the console.

tf_dingaling_volume is the variable that you will want to change. Volume starts at 1. I find that 0.4 works very nicely. You can also see other dingaling variables by letting the console autofill the other dingaling features. You can change the pitch of the ding sound with the maxpitch and minpitch commands. This will change the pitch of the ding when you do large damage versus small damage.

In short. tf_dingaling_volume 0.4

You can change the volume of the sound in the console.

:snip:

In short. tf_dingaling_volume 0.4

Thanks Necro! I tried that out earlier tonight and it worked quite well. One thing I noticed, though, is that you don't get a dingaling when shooting a disguised enemy spy. Feature or bug?

EDIT: I was checking out the OCRemix HLstatsX page and I think there may be a typo in the weapon modifier section. http://www.ocrtf2.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=help#weaponmods Look, it says 20pts for a deflected flare where the closest second is 5pts and all the other "reflected" modifiers are 2. Typo or are reflected flares just that awesome for your score?

Thanks Necro! I tried that out earlier tonight and it worked quite well. One thing I noticed, though, is that you don't get a dingaling when shooting a disguised enemy spy. Feature or bug?

EDIT: I was checking out the OCRemix HLstatsX page and I think there may be a typo in the weapon modifier section. http://www.ocrtf2.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=help#weaponmods Look, it says 20pts for a deflected flare where the closest second is 5pts and all the other "reflected" modifiers are 2. Typo or are reflected flares just that awesome for your score?

I don't think it's a typo. It's EXTREMELY rare. Our server for instance has 10x more medic TAUNT kills than reflect flares. http://www.ocrtf2.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=weapons&game=tf

EDIT: Reflected baseball kills should be worth the most, but I think they're so rare they aren't even on HLStats.

As long as they're using an enemy disguise, feature. You also don't see damage counters from hitting them with weapons.

I don't think it's a typo. It's EXTREMELY rare. Our server for instance has 10x more medic TAUNT kills than reflect flares. http://www.ocrtf2.com/stats/hlstats.php?mode=weapons&game=tf

EDIT: Reflected baseball kills should be worth the most, but I think they're so rare they aren't even on HLStats.

Looking at those stats... no wonder I have the Targe kills global. I did 2 in one map the other day (koth_nucleus), out of the 20 total on that list. Given that "globals" only seem to be for the last 30 days now...

this is likely because taunt attacks aren't subject to absolutely bullshit lag compensation like poofing is

Reflected Flare Gun shots also don't do that much damage.

On a side note, there still is no kill icon for Bleeding to death... it uses the environment kill (skull) icon.

If no one is on mid-day tomorrow, I may pull the servers offline to update the stats packages. I need to update four things (logging plugin, HLStatsX plugin, HLStatsX stat collector program, and HLStatsX web interface), which sometimes causes issues if you don't upgrade them all at the same time.

In theory, I can do the Logging plugin separately, but not the others.

OK, here's the list of things I've updated.

SDKHooks to 1.3.1

SuperLogs: TF2 to 2.0.7

HLStatsX to 1.6.8

You can tell the stats are updated because it now lists awards for the new weapons, although they haven't been awarded to anyway because it wasn't tracking them before today.

I restarted both servers after updating their logging plugins (SDKHooks is also needed for more accurate logging).

For reference, I also looked up how the bronze, silver, and gold HLStatsX medals work. You need at least:

Bronze - 1 Daily Award

Silver - 5 Daily Awards

Gold - 10 Daily Awards

Edit: Certain awards are still missing images... looking through the FULL set (I used the UPGRADE set) to see if they images are there at all.

Edit 2: Turns out there are no images for air rockets, air headshots, etc... awards.

http://goo.gl/rUBV

jjjyeeeeesss!

I rarely do well on that map, then you come along and steam roll me...but at least I was still alive at the end unlike the rest of the team.

Edit: Is there a map list for the server somewhere? I remember seeing one a while back, but was to lazy to download them and now I can't find them.

Edit: Is there a map list for the server somewhere? I remember seeing one a while back, but was to lazy to download them and now I can't find them.

Current map cycle, customs marked with a *:

koth_viaduct

cp_fastlane

pl_goldrush

cp_freight_final1

ctf_doublecross

cp_gravelpit

plr_pipeline

cp_badlands

cp_egypt_final

pl_badwater

*cp_coldfront_rc3

cp_granary

koth_nucleus

cp_dustbowl

ctf_turbine

pl_goldrush

cp_gravelpit

*pl_frontier

cp_badlands

cp_gorge

pl_badwater

cp_steel

cp_granary

The following custom maps are on the nominate list:

arena_starship_v1

cp_coldfront_rc3

cp_follower

cp_pacman_plus_wtf

cp_vector_v1

cp_waste_v2

ctf_aerospace_b4

ctf_premuda_b1b

ctf_vector_v1

pl_cave_b6

pl_cranetop_b8

pl_frontier

pl_waste_v2

plr_nightfall_c

plr_panic_b2

plr_scoville_c2

Note that all these files are bz2 files, you'll need something like 7zip to uncompress them. The game will only uncompress them automatically if it downloads them.

Yup, that's me, have had the OC servers in my fav list for ages, but only got around to playing on them recently.

Thanks for the list powerlord, going to download all the customs because I can.

get on during dustbowl

play granary

play nucleus (ugh)

it goes back to FUCKING dustbowl

I am going to make a ruckus about this until it stops happening

The first dustbowl was rtved to from coldfront.

I know this because I was checking whom was on using HLStatsX and saw it switch to from coldfront to dustbowl on a page refresh.

As you can see from the mapcycle I posted earlier, rtving from coldfront to dustbowl would make the map cycle:

cp_coldfront_rc3

cp_dustbowl -- inserted to the mapcycle using rtv

cp_granary

cp_nucleus

cp_dustbowl -- the one that's always in the mapcycle

etc...