OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

yeah it was pretty unbearable tonight

there were at least five, maybe six times where the entire server just froze for twenty seconds during dustbowl

Just when you thought dustbowl couldn't get any worse...

Ping test time!

Note: Ping in tf2 will start high and settle down after a few minutes. So give it a moment.

IJ's server (Location: California)

173.12.223.108:27015

FragFest servers (Dallas datacenter)

174.34.135.187:27015

Linode (Dallas datacenter)

72.14.190.209:27015

Ping test time!

Note: Ping in tf2 will start high and settle down after a few minutes. So give it a moment.

Perhaps we should schedule a game or two on each of these servers to see how well they work.

Ping test time!

1: 233 ping

2: 150 ping

3: 170 ping

All of which are worse than the normal OCR servers lol especially that first one.

Also, how would you guys feel about reserved slots for 1 or 2 bucks a month. (This would be a total wipe of reserved slots) in an effort to pay for a higher end server. How many of you would sign up for that with the understanding that it's to fund the server?

Also, how would you guys feel about reserved slots for 1 or 2 bucks a month. (This would be a total wipe of reserved slots) in an effort to pay for a higher end server. How many of you would sign up for that with the understanding that it's to fund the server?

Would there be any advantages of a reserve slot other than avoiding "Kicked due to reserved slot" messages? Such as being able to use certain server commands or additional hats, etc? If there was, I would totally be in for $1-2 a month. (Just think... the suckers playing WoW pay ~$15/mo and have to buy their updates! $2/mo is very reasonable)

Would there be any advantages of a reserve slot other than avoiding "Kicked due to reserved slot" messages? Such as being able to use certain server commands or additional hats, etc? If there was, I would totally be in for $1-2 a month. (Just think... the suckers playing WoW pay ~$15/mo and have to buy their updates! $2/mo is very reasonable)

Chances are, if we do move back to charging for reserve slots, we're going to restructure which commands are available to reserved slots and which are available to the public... but don't be surprised if reserved slots keep the ability to votescramble and things like that without it being public.

On another subject, I've scheduled some events to hopefully help us get people to test the three servers.

All 3 are scheduled at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT / 1am UTC. I realize this time is inconvenient for those of you in Europe, but this is more or less to test if the server remains responsive when it is full.

Tonight's is on 173.12.223.108:27015, with the server name "OCReMix TF2 Lag relief zone [http://www.ocremix.org]"

Sunday's is on 174.34.135.187:27015, with the server name " The Vanilla Pod - GamerNation.org"

Monday's is on 72.14.190.209:27015, with the server name "OTHER TEAM IS BABIES! | TF2Stats.net"

Edit: I also fixed a long-standing bug with the MOTD. If your resolution is too low to see the entire thing at once, a vertical scrollbar should now appear.

Chances are, if we do move back to charging for reserve slots, we're going to restructure which commands are available to reserved slots and which are available to the public... but don't be surprised if reserved slots keep the ability to votescramble and things like that without it being public.

This implies that you guys used to charge for reserve slots at some point but don't anymore? Guess that was before I joined.

On another subject, I've scheduled some events to hopefully help us get people to test the three servers.

All 3 are scheduled at 9pm EDT / 6pm PDT / 1am UTC. I realize this time is inconvenient for those of you in Europe, but this is more or less to test if the server remains responsive when it is full.

Tonight's is on 173.12.223.108:27015, with the server name "OCReMix TF2 Lag relief zone [http://www.ocremix.org]"

Sunday's is on 174.34.135.187:27015, with the server name " The Vanilla Pod - GamerNation.org"

Monday's is on 72.14.190.209:27015, with the server name "OTHER TEAM IS BABIES! | TF2Stats.net"

Edit: I also fixed a long-standing bug with the MOTD. If your resolution is too low to see the entire thing at once, a vertical scrollbar should now appear.

I'll be on for tonight's and probably tomorrow's. Monday's iffy depending on if I remember and how much work I have to do.

EDIT: Pagetopper get!

there definitely shouldnt be a US server where people in the US got over 60 ping thats just silly

Well, considering you're in the UK and these servers are further west than what we're using now...

There was a reason that when the server initially started way back over a year ago that Bahamut wanted the server to be in more of a central location in the US and it should stay there.

and id pay whatever we shouldve never stopped charging for reserved slots

I'll be able to attend all of the testings except sundays and yay it's extremely super lag server testing tonight :D flash steps for all. Time to play Sword and Board Demo!

To be fair, I scheduled them in the same order FireSlash listed them earlier on.

I also support going back to charging for reserve slots - for one, I think it will go back to being more focused on those of the community interested in supporting the server, but also my financial situation took a turn for the worse lately, which compromises my ability to pay for the server fully.

I am ready to discuss this whenever anyone else is ready.