OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

the difference is i only play spy 1 map per night MAYBE 2 but almost never

if youd like me to take all the spy global awards though and make sure no one ever takes them i can go ahead and do that

I believe this is the part where I poke my head in and say that the only reason I have been unable to defend my awards is because my graphics card has been overheating like a mofo lately.

Re: Mapchooser, I can't say it's really affected me, although that's probably because I use the scrollwheel to choose my weapons -- I never use the number keys except for disguises, and there's always lastdisguise for that.

the difference is i only play spy 1 map per night MAYBE 2 but almost never

if youd like me to take all the spy global awards though and make sure no one ever takes them i can go ahead and do that

If you want to, go right ahead. *Global awards are whomever got the most daily awards of that type in the last 30 days, though, so... good luck!

* I do wonder why they're still called Global awards, seeing as how this behavior changed when we updated from HLStatsX 1.6.2 to 1.6.6. It used to be they really WERE global.

If you want to, go right ahead. *Global awards are whomever got the most daily awards of that type in the last 30 days, though, so... good luck!

* I do wonder why they're still called Global awards, seeing as how this behavior changed when we updated from HLStatsX 1.6.2 to 1.6.6. It used to be they really WERE global.

I thought it was just whoever had the most instances of the action in question over the last however long the period is.

I thought it was just whoever had the most instances of the action in question over the last however long the period is.

Nope, it's tied directly to daily awards. That's why both are awarded at the same time. I got the Sapper Global award when I got my latest Sapper daily award (this morning).

New Item: The Wrangler.

Lets you manually aim your sentry gun, doubles its firing rate for guns, and slightly increases rocket shooting speed, AND gives it a shield that absorbs 66% damage. The downside is that your sentry stops shooting for 3 seconds if you change weapons.

Edit: Valve removed the item drop cap this week.

New Item: The Wrangler.

Lets you manually aim your sentry gun, doubles its firing rate for guns, and slightly increases rocket shooting speed, AND gives it a shield that absorbs 66% damage. The downside is that your sentry stops shooting for 3 seconds if you change weapons.

So KILL THE ENGINEER.

that is literally exactly what I wanted

Oh, Valve just announced this:

"Note: To ensure everyone gets the chance to pull the lever, we've increased the weekly item drop limit for this week only. So if you thought you'd hit your item cap, think again!"

Also, new Valve-designed Payload map "Upward".

Nope, it's tied directly to daily awards. That's why both are awarded at the same time. I got the Sapper Global award when I got my latest Sapper daily award (this morning).

EVERYTHING I'VE KNOWN IS A LIE.

In other news, the Wrangler sounds like it makes the Engineer an easy stab and sap. The Engineer's guaranteed to not watch his back if he's actively aiming the Sentry, and if the disabling effect also happens upon his death the Spy has all the time in the world to sap the Sentry later.

Upward looks interesting, especially that switchback thing they have going on with those ramps.

In other news, the Wrangler sounds like it makes the Engineer an easy stab and sap.

That's what I thought, too. The biggest threat to engies are spies, ubers, and stickies -- and since they're certainly not going to nerf ubers or stickies, it'd be sorta nice if the engy got something that helped out against spies.

Something that DOESN'T suck as hard as the razorback, by preference.

That's what I thought, too. The biggest threat to engies are spies, ubers, and stickies -- and since they're certainly not going to nerf ubers or stickies, it'd be sorta nice if the engy got something that helped out against spies.

Something that DOESN'T suck as hard as the razorback, by preference.

If the Engy update is like the rest, you can make an educated guess on the remaining item(s) by checking the achievement list, which was also posted today. Granted, it's only the names and images so far.

At least two achievements imply a guitar (Honky Tonk Man and Six-String Stinger (which is a taunt deathcam one)).

Seems to me that a sentry you can aim is a sentry that can spy check.

Seems to me that a sentry you can aim is a sentry that can spy check.

And, in fact, there appears to be an achievement for exactly that.

Of course, that only helps you for spies that don't sneak up BEHIND you (i.e. Dead Ringer spies or stupid spies).

Now, is it just me, or did we (as a community) see an early picture of the Frontier Justice somewhere else? I swear that I saw it (or something very, very close to it) on a community blog or something a month or two ago... b_d

It was in the Mac TF2 video.

And, in fact, there appears to be an achievement for exactly that.

Of course, that only helps you for spies that don't sneak up BEHIND you (i.e. Dead Ringer spies or stupid spies).

And a Dead Ringer Spy is more or less impervious to Spychecking in the sense that it gets rid of him. Unless you use fire/Jarate/the Shiv.

Just wanted to say that I like the idea of the mapchooser, but I think it needs to be modified in such a way that a map that was just played CANNOT be played again for at least four maps, including by nomination and rtv. Even if I like a map, I don't want to play it five times in one session because it keeps getting revoted, usually by people that join after half the server leaves due to having repeated the map three times already. If I wanted that, I'd go to one of the 24/7 servers.

But that's just me I guess.

Also, I'm going to really REALLY enjoy the Wrangler. mwahahahha.

Just wanted to say that I like the idea of the mapchooser, but I think it needs to be modified in such a way that a map that was just played CANNOT be played again for at least four maps, including by nomination and rtv.

its already set up that way