OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

everybody complaining for/against class limits

Hey guys... I just like to play video games online with people I've made friends with. How badly is this for/against class limits thing worth arguing over? There have been some heated arguments and long dialogs from both sides of the camp and convincing arguments but is it really worth it?

Whether or not I agree with the policy is beside the point. The real question is whether the admins have stepped outside their role of authority or abused their powers. I feel that they really have not. Whenever I visit different servers, I always reflect on how nice the OCR one is (which is a direct result of BOTH the players and the admins that make it up).

I don't mean to sound like a dick or pretentious and I understand that people want to have a fun time with their friends but if you really, really don't like the rules that the OCR TF2 admins make that badly, there are like 500 viable, different TF2 servers out there, some of which may have rules more to your liking.

Tell me if I'm wrong... that's just my opinion.

PS I do feel that presenting ideas and opinions are a great thing but all this bickering just seems unnecessary.

Ok so because atmuh is awesome, I've fixed the mapchooser_extended plugin.

BASICALLY

- rtv and nominate still function exactly the same as they do now.

- You now get a 15 second audible and visible warning + countdown for the next map vote

- Map vote keys are no longer bound to 1-3

- If no map wins by 45%, it will do a runoff vote with the top voted maps

Someone pointed out engies use keys 4+ for building and destroying, but with the alert it should be fine (Once you vote, you can resume normal key use, and you know it's coming), so hopefully this should be an ideal solution

Someone pointed out engies use keys 4+ for building and destroying, but with the alert it should be fine (Once you vote, you can resume normal key use, and you know it's coming), so hopefully this should be an ideal solution

Spies too, for their disguises.

Same answer applies though. And we do have the lastdisguise button.

And following procrastination and a fit of boredom, I whipped up a script that removes the Disguise Kit and PDAs from the scroll wheel selection. It won't reset when you die though, so that'll be an issue unless you set TF2 to remember your weapon between lives.

alias "primary" "slot1; bind mwheelup melee; bind mwheeldown secondary"

alias "secondary" "slot2; bind mwheelup primary; bind mwheeldown melee"

alias "melee" "slot3; bind mwheelup secondary; bind mwheeldown primary"

bind mwheelup melee

bind mwheeldown secondary

Spies too, for their disguises.

Same answer applies though. And we do have the lastdisguise button.

Real spies dial 4-#-# for disguises.

And following procrastination and a fit of boredom, I whipped up a script that removes the Disguise Kit and PDAs from the scroll wheel selection. It won't reset when you die though, so that'll be an issue unless you set TF2 to remember your weapon between lives.

Real players use the number keys to choose weapons. also my mouse wheel sucks balls so i pretty much taught myself to never use it

The stats page on the server now brings up a list of which game you want to look at, due to adding HLStatsX tracking of the CS:S server. The link in the MOTD has been updated to link directly to the TF2 page on HLStatsX instead.

Additionally, I've modified it so HLStatsX will no longer announce connecting players, as per a prior request from Bahamut.

I'm watching Lale play right now as I work on a research paper and noticed that apparently we have an RTD mod installed.

WHAT?

Also Lale just rolled and got a 500 HP overheal and someone else is on a timer until they explode. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

EDIT: Nevermind, talked with Powerlord, it's sorted out now.

I'm watching Lale play right now as I work on a research paper and noticed that apparently we have an RTD mod installed.

WHAT?

Also Lale just rolled and got a 500 HP overheal and someone else is on a timer until they explode. WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN.

EDIT: Nevermind, talked with Powerlord, it's sorted out now.

Yes, apparently putting the cvar to disable it in autoexec.cfg doesn't work if the plugin is loaded on map change, as autoexec.cfg is only executed once on server load.

Anyway... since the cat is out of the bag, this plugin is related to the event on RED tonight.

LIKE THE RTD PLUGIN IS THE ONLY THING HAPPENING, AHAHAHAH.

... like I'd know what else is going on... *runs*

Actually, I removed the rtd plugin from the server completely now.

Yeah, that's it. I definitely wouldn't try rtd or !rtd on the server when it's up later...

and I'm definitely not on the server right now making sure I can adjust the rtd configuration on the fly and make sure it stays on between maps if you change the settings or anything.

Actually, I removed the rtd plugin from the server completely now.

Yeah, that's it. I definitely wouldn't try rtd or !rtd on the server when it's up later...

and I'm definitely not on the server right now making sure I can adjust the rtd configuration on the fly and make sure it stays on between maps if you change the settings or anything.

This man speaks truth. I only relay rumors I hear coming from people that don't even play the game, like bLiNd or God or Captain Falcon.

Also, Engi Update = SNIPER FEST. Seriously, anyone using the Wrangler will die to me... unless you're using it in close corridors.

The following was a part of the ??? TF2 Event that was on the RED server tonight:

- Roll the Dice (RTD) Mod

- Engi update was still popular, despite the limit of 4 engis

- About 16 guys switching names with each other. Took about an hour before anyone actually caught onto this. Here is the list of who was who.

Original / Switch!

- !! = Aeronaut

- Aeronaut = ???

- [lions]bonzai = Necro

- [OCR]<DsH>Draken-Korin = [lions]Maniac

- FROGG = FireSlash

- Gamemaster1379 = That other MAV2013

- [OCR]Kenogu Labz= [OCR]WindStrike

- [OCR] Krowbar = ParanoidDrone

- Lale [solid Snake] = MAV2013, Ice Man

- [lions]Maniac = bonzai

- MAV2013 = !!

- Necro = Lale [solid Snake]

- ParanoidDrone = FROGG

- Powerlord = Paranoid, Kagami 2, XX

- [OCR]WindStrike = [OCR]Kenogu Labz

I don't think I missed any, but that's everyone that I knew about.

I say we have another RTD night (or some other crazy mod). That was fun, especially the no-clipping stuff.

The following was a part of the ??? TF2 Event that was on the RED server tonight:

- Roll the Dice (RTD) Mod

- Engi update was still popular, despite the limit of 4 engis

- About 16 guys switching names with each other. Took about an hour before anyone actually caught onto this. Here is the list of who was who.

Original / Switch!

- !! = Aeronaut

- Aeronaut = ???

- [lions]bonzai = Necro

- [OCR]<DsH>Draken-Korin = [lions]Maniac

- FROGG = FireSlash

- Gamemaster1379 = That other MAV2013

- [OCR]Kenogu Labz= [OCR]WindStrike

- [OCR] Krowbar = ParanoidDrone

- Lale [solid Snake] = MAV2013, Ice Man

- [lions]Maniac = bonzai

- MAV2013 = !!

- Necro = Lale [solid Snake]

- ParanoidDrone = FROGG

- Powerlord = Paranoid, Kagami 2, XX

- [OCR]WindStrike = [OCR]Kenogu Labz

I don't think I missed any, but that's everyone that I knew about.

I say we have another RTD night (or some other crazy mod). That was fun, especially the no-clipping stuff.

This just blew my mind - I only knew about Powerlord changing his names.