OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

The following was a part of the ??? TF2 Event that was on the RED server tonight:

- Roll the Dice (RTD) Mod

- Engi update was still popular, despite the limit of 4 engis

- About 16 guys switching names with each other. Took about an hour before anyone actually caught onto this. Here is the list of who was who.

:snip:

I say we have another RTD night (or some other crazy mod). That was fun, especially the no-clipping stuff.

Yes, that was a lot of fun. I agree that we should do it again. We also got in a little mikespaming since atmuh wasn't on RED. ;-)

The following was a part of the ??? TF2 Event that was on the RED server tonight:

- Roll the Dice (RTD) Mod

- Engi update was still popular, despite the limit of 4 engis

- About 16 guys switching names with each other. Took about an hour before anyone actually caught onto this. Here is the list of who was who.

Original / Switch!

- !! = Aeronaut

- Aeronaut = ???

- [lions]bonzai = Necro

- [OCR]<DsH>Draken-Korin = [lions]Maniac

- FROGG = FireSlash

- Gamemaster1379 = That other MAV2013

- [OCR]Kenogu Labz= [OCR]WindStrike

- [OCR] Krowbar = ParanoidDrone

- Lale [solid Snake] = MAV2013, Ice Man

- [lions]Maniac = bonzai

- MAV2013 = !!

- Necro = Lale [solid Snake]

- ParanoidDrone = FROGG

- Powerlord = Paranoid, Kagami 2, XX

- [OCR]WindStrike = [OCR]Kenogu Labz

I don't think I missed any, but that's everyone that I knew about.

I say we have another RTD night (or some other crazy mod). That was fun, especially the no-clipping stuff.

I only knew someone was using Frogg, and that it wasn't MAV. No idea bout the other ones.

Maybe someone here can help me out. I heard that the update also made payload carts and ScoRes stickies glow through walls. Well, I ain't seeing them, and it would really be nice to, at least for the ScoRes stickies. I've got the setting on, and running in DX9 mode, everything turned up, etc. Even tried deleting the TF2 folder (but not GCFs) like a forum post I read suggested, but no luck.

Any ideas here?

Maybe someone here can help me out. I heard that the update also made payload carts and ScoRes stickies glow through walls. Well, I ain't seeing them, and it would really be nice to, at least for the ScoRes stickies. I've got the setting on, and running in DX9 mode, everything turned up, etc. Even tried deleting the TF2 folder (but not GCFs) like a forum post I read suggested, but no luck.

Any ideas here?

thats cheating buddy

Any ideas here?

Your OWN ScoRes stickies have always been visible through walls. Other players stickies aren't because that would break a game mechanic that currently works as intended... you're not supposed to know where enemy stickies are!

Visible payload carts is new, though, and announced in the patch notes.

Your OWN ScoRes stickies have always been visible through walls. Other players stickies aren't because that would break a game mechanic that currently works as intended... you're not supposed to know where enemy stickies are!

Visible payload carts is new, though, and announced in the patch notes.

No, Scottish Resistance stickies being visible through walls is new to the Engineer Update. Conveniently enough it went unnoted in the changelog. I can personally confirm this being one of the 10% of Demomen that actually use the damn thing, apparently.

No duh that stickies other than your own won't be outlined. :P

No, Scottish Resistance stickies being visible through walls is new to the Engineer Update. Conveniently enough it went unnoted in the changelog. I can personally confirm this being one of the 10% of Demomen that actually use the damn thing, apparently.

No duh that stickies other than your own won't be outlined. :P

I don't use it often... to the point where I crafted mine away when trying for a Golden Wrench (and just missing). However, I swear they were visible through walls prior to the Engy update. At least using my graphics settings (which are cranked fairly high since I now have an nVidia GT240).

The glow effects aren't working. That's what I was asking help with. I can't see any glow effects period. I don't see an outline of carts through walls, and I don't see outlines of MY ScoRes stickies, which is what I meant by my original post. I know you can't see ally and enemy stickies, and for good reason. I ain't that dumb.

oh i cant see the cart through walls either i didnt know what they meant by the new glow effect because it looks the same to me too

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of system specs do you have? Maybe that'll clue me in to the problem if it's not something wrong with my installation of the game.

theres a good reason for that

Which I think says more about the power of normal stickies than anything else, but I'd rather not get into a debate about this.

EDIT: Also, I'm not going to be ingame on Monday and possibly Tuesday. Because they're going to be waxing the floor in the computer lab where I play. Of all the reasons...

I noticed the glowing sticky outlines when I was playing TF2 today. I found that kinda useful when using the scottish resistance to set traps on the OTHER side of a building and spring them whenever I want. I don't know why Scottish Resistance is such an unfavorable weapon.

Like Bleck said, it's the way a sticky bomb launcher should work, at least for a class who uses it to set traps. It's damn useful to spring ONE of your traps instead of losing ALL of them with one click.

I noticed the glowing sticky outlines when I was playing TF2 today. I found that kinda useful when using the scottish resistance to set traps on the OTHER side of a building and spring them whenever I want. I don't know why Scottish Resistance is such an unfavorable weapon.

Like Bleck said, it's the way a sticky bomb launcher should work, at least for a class who uses it to set traps. It's damn useful to spring ONE of your traps instead of losing ALL of them with one click.

It's advantages don't offset its liabilities.

Advantages:

You can lay up to 14 stickies.

You can set off only some of your stickies at one time.

They can blow up enemy stickies (of either type).

Disadvantages:

Stickies won't explode unless you're facing them or they are below your feet.

Fires more slowly than the sticky launcher.

Scottish Resistance stickies can't be exploded in air.

IMO, the first disadvantage is the main reason people avoid it. It also makes it almost completely useless on CTF maps unless you babysit the intel.

oh i cant see the cart through walls either i didnt know what they meant by the new glow effect because it looks the same to me too

I believe that some Radeon Cards have issues.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1353125

It does not show up for me either.

Possible fix from that thread is to turn off AA and restart tf2. I haven't confirmed it

It's advantages don't offset its liabilities.

Which is why it should have been the way the weapon works from the start. Now, instead, Demoman have the most powerful and effective weapon in the game, turning what was supposed to be a long range, area denial class into Super Soldier the Revenge.

Yes, I do still believe Demomen are overpowered.

Disadvantages:

Stickies won't explode unless you're facing them or they are below your feet.

Fires more slowly than the sticky launcher.

Scottish Resistance stickies can't be exploded in air.

IMO, the first disadvantage is the main reason people avoid it. It also makes it almost completely useless on CTF maps unless you babysit the intel.

nah the main problem with it is the longer delay

it makes it a lot less viable for ubers and in general for destroying buildings, which is what the demoman is supposed to do

14 stickies means nothing between reloading and whatever that takes forever

blowing up enemy stickies is also meaningless since you can blow them away with the regular ones to begin with

and demos arent even close to being overpowered

oh and vahn i have an nvidia gtx 275

So I just had a FUCKING AWESOME round on Frontier involving at least one rage Pyro, but due to circumstances I can't automatically record demos and I didn't think the round would be anything special going in.

THANK FUCKING GOD FOR SOURCE TV DEMOS I LOVE WHOEVER HAD THE IDEA. Now I can at least hold onto that. (Can we add a link to the directory they're stored at in the OP?)

Carry on. <.<