OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

I don't really think it's that annoying, I mean it's not like it unbalances the game radically... the engineer's main strength was buildings to begin with, but that's kinda hard to do on the offensive.

Every other class has some sort of offensive tactic, why not the Engie too? It's perfectly easy to get a building blow up on the offensive, and now he can take the fight to the enemy rather than running back to get more metal.

The OP problem doesn't lie with the Frontier Justice, from what I've seen. The problem lies in the Wrangler (and the Gunslinger, to some extent). If one person is using the wrangler, with an allied sentry to watch his/his sentry's back, and another medic healing the 66% damage-shielded missile-fire-rate-boosted wrangled sentry... yeah. It's pretty much a horrific mess for anyone to clean up, whether they be Demo, Soldier, Spy, or Heavy. Not impossible, by any means, but certainly incredibly frustrating.

Take Dustbowl a few nights ago. Normally, the last CP doesn't hold out for 20 minutes with a solid defense team. That night, two to three engineers held it EASILY for almost the full time, with a fair amount of help. No-one could take out all the buildings; I doubt it was even possible with the amount of shielding wrangled sentries get.

The OP problem doesn't lie with the Frontier Justice, from what I've seen. The problem lies in the Wrangler (and the Gunslinger, to some extent). If one person is using the wrangler, with an allied sentry to watch his/his sentry's back, and another medic healing the 66% damage-shielded missile-fire-rate-boosted wrangled sentry... yeah. It's pretty much a horrific mess for anyone to clean up, whether they be Demo, Soldier, Spy, or Heavy. Not impossible, by any means, but certainly incredibly frustrating.

Take Dustbowl a few nights ago. Normally, the last CP doesn't hold out for 20 minutes with a solid defense team. That night, two to three engineers held it EASILY for almost the full time, with a fair amount of help. No-one could take out all the buildings; I doubt it was even possible with the amount of shielding wrangled sentries get.

Here's a tip: Kill the engies first.

HLStatsX CE released an update to add the new Engy items, but I can't really update it while the servers have people on it. Probably won't happen until the weekend.

yeah the new items aren't really overpowered so much as they just make it easier for engies to work together

a good team of engies has always been nigh unstoppable

I edited this in just before you posted, but edited it out again since it wasn't there when you replied, so I'll repeat it:

Get a Sniper or Spy to help. Wrangled guns go down for 3 seconds if the Engy on them dies.

hahahahaha these people

ok sure no problem lemme just build my wrangler gunslinger sentry and then after i get couple easy kills or assists blow it up and move it up and get 2-4 revenge crits and then go ahead and build another one and do the same so i end up with enough crits in my reserve so that no matter what time i need to use my shotgun i have a guaranteed crit for as long as i need them

hello soldier medic combo lemme go ahead and 3 shot you thank you very much

its balanced guys dont worry

http://kotaku.com/5586377/someones-fired-up-about-his-tf2-class

I lol'd.

But yeah, I second what Powerlord said, Spahs and Snipahs are the current anti-wranglers. Hell, even getting your own wrangled sentry to take out the opposing engie (who nine times out of ten is right near the sentry and not paying much attention to himself) works well enough in my experience.

yes engineers that stand right next to their wrangler sentries are stupid but if you actually use the weapons correctly and move around and aim from wherever you are you die a heck of a lot less

plus the whole frontier justice + wrangler + gunslinger combo on offense with a medic is absolutely hilarious

hahahahaha these people

ok sure no problem lemme just build my wrangler gunslinger sentry and then after i get couple easy kills or assists blow it up and move it up and get 2-4 revenge crits and then go ahead and build another one and do the same so i end up with enough crits in my reserve so that no matter what time i need to use my shotgun i have a guaranteed crit for as long as i need them

its balanced guys dont worry

I guess it'd be reasonable to nerf the FJ to only get its crits when its destroyed, not self-destructed, but the concept of getting a benefit for losing your Sentry seems to be doing wonders for discouraging turtling and encouraging offensive Engineering, where previously they had to make do with a vanilla shotgun/pistol.

Yes, it is stupidly easy to stab-n-sap a Wrangled Sentry. I speak from experience.

Powerlord, couldn't you update HLStats midday? No one's ever on the server then. Wait, you probably have that mythical thing called a "job." Never mind.

ok sure no problem lemme just build my wrangler gunslinger sentry and then after i get couple easy kills or assists

I don't really think a medic soldier combo should have trouble taking down a minisentry, wrangled or no

maybe try uh listening to powerlord and killing the engineers???

of course they dont have a problem taking out the sentry im saying rack up easy kills but mostly assists by spraying shots around and then later on when you come up to a soldier that should kill you rather easily you can easily crit him

if anything they should change the set number of crits to an amount of time based on kills and assists

i still wouldnt call that balanced but itd at least be less of a joke

also bleck calling the frontier justice balanced this coming from someone who thought the sandman was balanced when it was first introduced

Definitely liked the original song better, was one of my favorite parts of the update actually. I guess I'll settle for just manually listening to a copy of the original, new one isn't that different after about a minute when the random harmonica goes away at least.

Sandman needs to be able to stun ubers again.

NO

nononononon

by the way not listed in the update notes they changed the engineer menu music

it went from

to

who the heck approved that

hahaha Looks like someone got a shiny new harmonica for Christmas. It's okay I guess, but there's something to be said for the simplicity of the original one.

Or you could replace the new one with your own music (or any track for that matter).

I'm fine with the sandman bonk effect coming back in full, minus the stun effect on ubers. The heck is the point of an uber if you just get stunned the entire time you're trying to use it?

No one got my sarcasm.

I am a sad man now.

If no one really got your sarcasm, this is a sad day. I think you're fine though, and your post just got derailed to the point where the original context became overlooked.

What I'm saying is, you just don't matter. So don't feel bad.

<3

HLStatsX CE has been updated to 1.6.10, which adds the new Engineer weapons. However, there are two problems with it:

Due to a bug in the way moving buildings is logged (or rather, it isn't logged), building buildings temporarily gives you no HLStatsX points. They used to give you 3 points for a Sentry or Dispenser, and 2 for a teleporter. The points loss for an Engineer destroying his own buildings has also been removed (-3 for Sentry/Dispenser, -2 for Teleporter). When this is fixed in the game or logging plugin, these values will be reset.

Right now, Valve's logs don't track which type of sentry is built. Therefore, the "It's Little and Cute and Ben's Sister Likes It" award will not work until the logging plugin is updated or Valve patches the game to log Mini-Sentries differently.

The above two are supposed to be fixed in the next logging plugin update.

As far as I'm aware, the other awards work correctly. Those are:

"Despite all my rage there's a Guitar on your head" - Frontier Justice taunt kills

"Justified Kills" - Frontier Justice kills

"Mixed ya right up!" - Gunslinger taunt kills

"Rustlers Wrangled" - Wrangler kills

"Slings Slung" - Gunslinger kills

"Southern This!" - Southern Hospitality kills

These will start appearing when the awards run at the end of the day today (21.5 hours from now).

Also, due to an... interesting... bug in the way the Roll the Dice plugin works, it appeared that despite "rtd" being disabled, "!rtd" still worked. As such, it has now been disabled completely.