OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

if you get killed by an offensive spy on a payload map more than one time you really need to wake the heck up

What else are you supposed to do if all you're focusing on is the cart? A single spy even if he doesn't kill you can end up distracting the enough of the team to prevent this spamfest which is the "smart" thing to do according to you.

Doesn't really seem so smart because it would never work.

if you notice a spy behind you chances are its not gonna be a huge distraction because its ridiculously easy to kill a paper thin (125hp) class that really cant do all that much damage from a distance in comparison to combat classes

if you notice a spy behind you chances are its not gonna be a huge distraction because its ridiculously easy to kill a paper thin (125hp) class that really cant do all that much damage from a distance in comparison to combat classes

The ambassador helped to fix that. I don't claim to be an expert shot, but I've seen some other spies be quite deadly with it!

The ambassador helped to fix that. I don't claim to be an expert shot, but I've seen some other spies be quite deadly with it!

That's the other thing... if it's from a distance, I probably wouldn't be attacking as a Spy. I'd either pull out a cloaking device or ignore the damage and continue on, depending on which I think would work in that situation.

Heavy is the only one of the combat classes that can keep me visible from a distance, and that's implying I'm not using the Dead Ringer.

Now... all bets are off if I get confused as to which cloaking device I have (which *does* happen... I think I have the DR while I really have the C&D).

its fundamentally flawed in that the entire defensive team all attack one spot which just becomes a spamfest to that point far worse than dustbowl could ever be

As usual, anything is fundamentally flawed if atmuh wants to over simplify it.

Payload: Defense can just spam one spot.

CP: Defense can just spam one spot.

Of course if all you do in either case is spam one point then you're a moron and will lose. Clearing the defense so you can push the cart is every bit as important as clearing the defensive line so you can cap the point in a CP map, and the defense obviously can't just devote all of their attention on one spot and hope to win.

Of course if all you do in either case is spam one point then you're a moron and will lose. Clearing the defense so you can push the cart is every bit as important as clearing the defensive line so you can cap the point in a CP map, and the defense obviously can't just devote all of their attention on one spot and hope to win.

Particularly since the offensive team will move teleporters up to make it so their team can relentlessly attack you.

i use the ambassador whenever i play spy and im a pretty good shot with it but even so doing 105 damage will not kill a demo soldier heavy or pyro and then the second shot will only do 20-40 which STILL wont kill them

the ambassador is for getting hilarious headshots on snipers and scouts i know ive gotten necro a few times with some pretty good shots

also a/d cp is not flawed i didnt even say its flawed what are you talking about

dustbowl is a poorly designed map but thats what makes it fun

i use the ambassador whenever i play spy and im a pretty good shot with it but even so doing 105 damage will not kill a demo soldier heavy or pyro and then the second shot will only do 20-40 which STILL wont kill them

102 damage tyvm. Which is enough to kill any class except a Heavy in two headshots, but that assumes a bunch of factors such as aim, the target's movement, etc.

</nitpick>

if youre playing spy correctly (lol) you should be nowhere near your team

anyways

Team Fortress 2

-Added a Parasite hat to celebrate the release of Alien Swarm (http://www.alienswarm.com/)

-Fixed a client crash when opening the backpack while running in a language other than English.

-Fixed not being able to pick-up buildings in Arena mode.

-Fixed an exploit that allowed team kills with Wrangled sentries.

-Fixed a bug where teleporters could be given more than their normal amount of health.

-Fixed old demos with different data tables thinking the SourceTV player entity was burning.

-TF Bot Changes

-Improved performance of bot computations that are done when a point is captured, a round starts, or a checkpoint reached.

-Fixed Engineer bot infinite build-destroy behavior loop regression

-Fixed Medic bots losing their charge if they touch a resupply cabinet

-Fixed a crash due to having multiple types of bot systems running in-game simultaneously

-Fixed bot behavior issue resulting in bot pile-ups near level 3 teleporter entrances

-Bots no longer consider sapped sentries a dangerous threat

-Bots will not try to navigate through enemy spawn rooms (unless they have won the round)

-Bot Engineers will avoid building teleporters on steep slopes which can hinder teammate movement

-Added tf_bot_pyro_always_reflect cvar. Set to 1 to make Pyro bots always reflect projectiles, regardless of difficulty level.

because paranoiddrone is probably talking about sitting halfway across the map and shooting some engineer thats standing still whacking his sentry so you can get 2 easy headshots

if youre gonna walk up to a soldier headshot him and think you can pull off another one before youre dead GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

because paranoiddrone is probably talking about sitting halfway across the map and shooting some engineer thats standing still whacking his sentry so you can get 2 easy headshots

if youre gonna walk up to a soldier headshot him and think you can pull off another one before youre dead GOOD LUCK WITH THAT

This is also known as the main strength of the Ambassador. Like Snipers, only sneakier and minus a scope.

Also see a good chunk of the kills I make

(This is not to say that some of the victims aren't standing still, but to point out that across-the-map kills are, you know, valid.)

So, the latest Sam & Max game came out today: Sam & Max 304: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls.

Fairly early on in it, there's a TF2 Level 1 BLU dispenser.

I did a quick write up about it and put it on the teamfortress.com wiki's Dispenser page, under Trivia.

Someone else put a

on Youtube, too.

So, the latest Sam & Max game came out today: Sam & Max 304: Beyond the Alley of the Dolls.

Fairly early on in it, there's a TF2 Level 1 BLU dispenser.

I did a quick write up about it and put it on the teamfortress.com wiki's Dispenser page, under Trivia.

Someone else put a

on Youtube, too.

In, "Night of the Raving Dead" was there any reference to TF2? I could have sworn they were referencing the Medic a couple of times, as you travel to Stuttgart, Germany and eventually find a bone saw. I think there are other things too, but my terrible memory will not allow me to remember.

minor tf2 update

Server Browser

- Fixed the server browser not saving filter settings properly

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed a speed exploit related to benchmarks

- Fixed Parasite hat not being posed correctly on class loadout panels

- Fixed a level change crash

servers updated and restarted