OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

By the by, would anyone happen to have a complete archive of the class voices? I want to tinker with them and make audio clips of stuff like "Heavy is Scout!" and "Spy sappin' my Soldier!"

Just for fun.

You can grab the files right out of your game folder with GCFScape.

http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=26

You're looking for 'team fortress 2 content.gcf'. Should be right there in the default directory.

A little late, but...

A required update to Team Fortress 2 is now live. Please run hldsupdatetool to receive the update. The specific changes include:

-Added Hungarian localization file.

-Updated Steamworks stats gathering.

-Updated localization strings based on community feedback.

-Updated Cp_Yukon

---- Fixed an exploit where players could get outside of the gameplay space.

-Updated Koth_Viaduct

---- Reduced the capture time for the control point from 6 seconds to 3 seconds.

Also, there's one unlisted update: the Worms grenade models and taunt sound were added to the game.

The taunt sound is located at /tf/sound/player/taunt_wormsHHG.wav in the Team Fortress 2 Content.gcf.

My PC's keyboard is starting to act up... as in the D key barely works now (it barely moves up when released). I may get a new one tomorrow, or I may order one online and have it shipped. Until then, I probably won't be on.

I wish I knew this was going to happen in advance, as I was out near a computer store just earlier today.

I am quitting TF2 for awhile. I don't like the anger issues I have been having lately, so I am gonna quit for bit.

Highlander stuff is gonna be transfered to someone else who wants it.

I swear all those axe crits were out of love! Don't go all HULK SMASH on us baby.

Here's to hopin you come back soon as our loveable, mild mannered, Brushfire.

My PC's keyboard is starting to act up... as in the D key barely works now (it barely moves up when released). I may get a new one tomorrow, or I may order one online and have it shipped. Until then, I probably won't be on.

I wish I knew this was going to happen in advance, as I was out near a computer store just earlier today.

I've been having PC problems, too. For the past few weeks, if I start TF2 and join a server it will work for about 5 minutes and then completely kill my internet connection. Not like just disconnect from the server or "disconnected from steam" but my whole frikin' connection gets jacked and the only way to fix it is to restart the router. That's why I haven't been on much lately. I'll try and diagnose it to get it working again but if worse comes to worst, I'll have to go to a friend's if I'm needed for a highlander event. :-/

I've been having PC problems, too. For the past few weeks, if I start TF2 and join a server it will work for about 5 minutes and then completely kill my internet connection. Not like just disconnect from the server or "disconnected from steam" but my whole frikin' connection gets jacked and the only way to fix it is to restart the router. That's why I haven't been on much lately. I'll try and diagnose it to get it working again but if worse comes to worst, I'll have to go to a friend's if I'm needed for a highlander event. :-/

I think it's a common problem; happens every time I start up TF2. My internet completely dies and comes back after 5 minutes.

I was trying to keep it on the hush, but yes, OCAD is doing a tour with Planet Piss starting in December.

Though anything beyond that hasn't actually been defined.

I shudder to think what lurks in 'Planet Piss 2010 Tour" cologne with the OCAD crew in the mix.

Required update for Team Fortress 2 and Counter-Strike: Source are now available. The specific changes include:

Source Engine ( TF2, DoD:S, CS:S )

- Fixed a crash on startup with some video drivers.

- Fixed a bug where the speaker config would be lost on Windows Vista / 7

- Fixed a case where alt-tab would stop rendering models.

- Made the 'X' that closes the achievements screen visible by default in 1280x720 resolution.

- Made disconnect messages wrap so they don't get truncated.

- Made kick / disconnect messages more legible.

(cropped CS:S changes)

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed a bug in the Steamworks stats reporting.

- Fixed the new Worms gear not playing the correct sound during the Equalizer taunt.

- Fixed map cycling so that the cycle now starts from the map selected by the user instead of going back to the first map.

- Fixed a memory leak in the dedicated server.

BLU, RED, and Highlander have been updated and restarted.

Edit:

Holy crap, did they FINALLY fix it where players would go invisible on you at random when you alt-tabbed? Or was that just the fix for if you alt-tab the game sometimes never comes back?

I think it's a common problem; happens every time I start up TF2. My internet completely dies and comes back after 5 minutes.

So I think I found the culprit. I had sourcemod and one of those automatic replay capturing mods installed. After I removed them, everything seems to be running peachy. (Other than the usual crappy internet we get here at the house.) I should check to see if there were new versions of that software that will fix my problems.

Official notice to all members of Team 1: Invites have been sent out for the Steam group, but there have been issues with people actually receiving them. If an invite is not appearing, notify me, Chili, or Gamemaster.

Also, in an attempt to ward off the organizational issues that plagued the previous scrim, all team members will be made group admins so we can use it to schedule events without having to go through a few specific people.

Linky.