OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

A reminder to everyone on the Highlander teams: The Team 1 vs. Team 2 scrim is tonight at 9:00 PM Eastern Time. OCR Highlander server, password "ocrscrim".

Here's hoping we don't take an hour to get ourselves situated this time around.

I can't play in this scrim, I'm away from my good computer.

Okay.

Lale and I posted the announcements to our respective Steam groups on Tuesday night. That was 4 days ago. So can someone please explain to me how Team 2 never got more than 4 of their team members together? Especially since they were the team that proposed the scrim in the first place.

Not to put too fine a point on it, can we at least pretend to care and not turn this whole thing into a colossal waste of time for the people that do show up?

Okay.

Lale and I posted the announcements to our respective Steam groups on Tuesday night. That was 4 days ago. So can someone please explain to me how Team 2 never got more than 4 of their team members together? Especially since they were the team that proposed the scrim in the first place.

Not to put too fine a point on it, can we at least pretend to care and not turn this whole thing into a colossal waste of time for the people that do show up?

I'll try to get people to look at the Steam group page more often.

This week was unexpected for me because I didn't know about the scrim until after it was scheduled.

Team 2, please go to the Steam group announcement and read the whole thing.

Okay, I just had a hilarious experience that I wanted to share.

I was looking for a nooby Badwater server to blow off some steam on and finally settled on one that didn't look too retarded from the tags I saw in the server listing.

My first clue that this was in fact a retarded server was the fact that I apparently missed the fastrespawn tag. Engineers should not respawn fast enough to knock off your sappers after you pull a stab and sap. Strike one.

Anyway, I managed to dominate three people and topped my team on the scoreboard, if only because everyone above me had left. Easiest backstabs ever. Got 11 in one life before I died taking a stupid risk.

My second clue that it was retarded was when I saw several of our players (RED) congregating at the shortcut door that closes after BLU takes the second point. It turns out they were bots that didn't realize the door was closed. Strike two.

Then there was this one guy who was doing all sorts of crazy shit. I mean, speedhacking, apparently wallhacking if his ability to pinpoint me at a moment's notice was any indication, etc. He dominated me, then I got revenge with an Ambassador headshot. Then we traded kills, him automagically finding me, me fighting back with mixed success. Managed to backstab him once when he was distracted. (Would have loved to see his face at that moment.)

My third and final clue that the server was retarded was when I realized that not only was no one questioning this 1337 Huntsman Sniper with infinite Jarates that ran around like a Scout on crack, but the server was advertising premium slots. Strike three.

Uh oh.

So I checked the website for the server in question and found this little gem of a list detailing all the benefits you can get from a premium account, replicated for your viewing...hmm, not pleasure, that's for sure. Let's go with schadenfreude.

FYI, all of these benefits can apparently be toggled on and off at the user's whim.

General

• Reserved slots.
  • Ability to switch teams at any time.
  • Autobalance immunity.
  • Ability to freely set FOV.
  • +25% fire rate for all classes.
  • +30% walk speed for all classes.
  • Infinite ammo.
  • +50 HP per kill.
  • +25 HP per kill. (Yes, these are listed separately. I don't know either.)
  • Ability to detect feigned deaths.
  • Super jumps for all classes except Soldier and Demoman.
  • Immunity to self damage and fall damage.

Scout

• Sandman ball refreshes ever 3 seconds.
  • 5 jumps instead of 2.
  • Bonk! lasts longer, has no cooldown, and does not have a slowdown effect. (Bit late to the party guys, they removed the slowdown altogether a while ago.)
  • No health penalty for using the Sandman.

Soldier

• Higher rocket jumps.
  • 6 rockets per clip instead of 4.
  • Buff Banner charges faster and does not reset between lives.
  • The Direct Hit gets an additional +20% rocket speed and has no splash radius penalty.

Pyro

• The Backburner can use the Airblast.
  • The Backburner and Axetinguisher can get random crits.
  • Ignites enemies who take 30+ damage from the shotgun.

Demoman

• Higher sticky jumps.
  • Bottle is broken on spawn. (This amuses me, since it's purely cosmetic.)
  • 6 grenades per clip instead of 4.
  • Sticky Launcher and Scottish Resistance can both have up to 16 bombs out at once.
  • Sticky Launcher clip size increased to 16.
  • The Eyelander can get random crits and has no HP penalty.

Heavy

• Increased walk speed while Sasha/Natascha are revved. (Doesn't specify how much.)
  • Infinite Sandviches.
  • Restore 30% of shotgun damage as HP.

Engineer

• Able to build 4 Sentries, 5 Dispensers, and 3 Teleporter entrances.
  • Infinite metal.
  • Teleporters charge instantly, have 3500 HP, and are not disabled when sapped.
  • Sentries have infinite ammo and 130% HP.
  • Dispensers have 200% HP.
  • Can build Mini Sentries without using the Gunslinger.
  • The Wrangler does not deactivate the Sentry when put away.
  • Can remove all Sappers from all buildings with a console command.

Medic

• Spawn with 50% Ubercharge.
  • Ubercharges last longer. (Again, doesn't specify.)
  • An Ubered patient has infinite ammo.
  • "You get the double of the default HP assist bonus for other classes." (What is this I don't even.)

Sniper

• Rifle charges instantly and lets you walk faster when zoomed.
  • No slowdown when drawing the Huntsman.
  • Huntsman arrows are automatically on fire.
  • Spawn with 10 Jarate, get 5 more Jarate per minute, maximum 20.

Spy

• All watches have infinite cloak time.
  • The Revolver can headshot.

No, I'm not really sure why I decided to share this. I guess just the fact that I've never been on a server that offered premium accounts before. That anyone could find the above to be reasonable just boggles the mind.

So OCR, you officially have my thanks for keeping the server vanilla.

EDIT: I didn't realize how big that wall of text was. Oops?

New TF2 update today. It's supposed to prevent clients from loading server plugins (like SourceMod) to prevent cheats and fix more TF2 stats stuff.

The specific changes include:

Source Engine Changes (CS:S, DoD:S, TF2)

- Disabled clients loading server plug-ins unless the plug-ins are signed by Steam or the client is running in insecure mode.

- Added a checkbox to the Options->Audio dialog to control muting the audio when the game window is in the background.

Team Fortress 2

- Fixed another bug in the Steamworks internal stats reporting.

- Updated the localization files.

BLU and RED have been updated and restarted, Highlander is still updating as I type this and will be restarted when it finishes.

Not trolling or anything but I find this reasonable insulting as I am a "Christian kid." :-(

Oh no, I said christian kids are bad at violent games. Yes, that is so insulting. Sorry to stereotype since every single 12 to 18 year old on that server is flat out horrible, and laughably so. If you really get insulted cause I said it, deal with it.

edit: also got a kick out of this.

http://kotaku.com/5632520/meet-the-real-weapons-of-team-fortress-2/gallery/