OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

The Highlander tournament is officially underway. Teams need to schedule their matches with the groups they're paired up with. Check the main site for details because it's more than I can keep track of.

Week 1 games MUST be scheduled before Monday, September 27, or your team will be auto-assigned a game date.

Groups appear to be largely the same as before, but now you can see which games you need to schedule on the Group Fixtures page.

For the two OCR teams, the games you need to schedule are these:

Team Overclocked Remix:

Versus Hoodoo U Think We Are? on cp_dustbowl and pl_upward

OCAD and the Immaculate Breasts:

Versus Saucy Turtles on cp_dustbowl and pl_upward

Oh yes, I forgot to mention... the map lineup has apparently changed for the competition. I am adjusting the Highlander server's default map and cycle to compensate. Long story short: gravelpit is no longer present during the Group phase and Freight was pulled from the competition completely; Dustbowl replaces Gravelpit and Granary replaces Freight.

And as of a few days ago, Civilization V has made it even more empty. Only people regularly playing still are Highlander teams, about ten regulars, ten half-regulars, and about ten random people a day. That's about 20% of the normal activity. Plus side is, I can't think of any more super-popular games coming out within the next month, so I figure we'll start getting 24-player games in a few weeks.

... or, better yet, if someone wants to have an event scheduled...

spy saying the word skill i love it

As I recall, you established several pages ago that in your mind 'skill' is synonymous with 'aim'.

This is demonstrably incorrect anywhere and everywhere else, but anyway.

--

Someone needs to get this man a server. He's running this thing off his home machine, for God's sake!

I've been checking back almost constantly since last night and have yet to see a slot open up. Want it so bad.

As I recall, you established several pages ago that in your mind 'skill' is synonymous with 'aim'.

This is demonstrably incorrect anywhere and everywhere else, but anyway.

--

Someone needs to get this man a server. He's running this thing off his home machine, for God's sake!

I've been checking back almost constantly since last night and have yet to see a slot open up. Want it so bad.

The main server doesn't even show up for me on TF2, probably because it's European. (I even added it to my favorites via IP).

TURN RED IN T A VS SAXTON HALE SERVER.

And as of a few days ago, Civilization V has made it even more empty. Only people regularly playing still are Highlander teams, about ten regulars, ten half-regulars, and about ten random people a day. That's about 20% of the normal activity.

If you've seen me on, it's been on a non-OCR server for this exact reason.

It doesn't help when a bunch of people (Frogg included) ragequit because of a 2-1 score on a 14-player CTF map.

(Dr. Suredeath, I know as a Medic you're tempted to follow Frogg and heal him exclusively... but when he's a Scout? Seriously?)

Plus side is, I can't think of any more super-popular games coming out within the next month, so I figure we'll start getting 24-player games in a few weeks.

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow in less than two weeks.

well that and the wrangler kind of broke the game

This is more in reply to the comments saying this is wrong:

Wrangler broke the game by allowing Engineers to rocket jump and reach places in the map that Valve (and mappers) never made no-build simply because Engys couldn't reach there before. Allowing for really cheesy teleporter placement that you can't see... although usually if a Demo can find it, they can take it out.

This is going to sound like complete hypocrisy, but... it's better if you don't feed the trolls.

Or we could just dump the CS:S server and use that. nobody seems to play anyway

But I don't know if the mod is available for download.

There's nothing to stop us from adding more servers even without that, unless you want one server per IP.

Might have to do some sourcemod/symlink magic to install the mod on just one server, though.

Speaking of other mods, I played Zombie Fortress earlier this week. Interesting idea...

Players on RED can be Soldier, Pyro, Demoman, Engineer, Medic, and Sniper. Players on BLU can be Scout, Heavy, and Spy... with a limited item selection (Bonk, Crit-a-Cola, Bat, Sandman for Scout; Sandvich, Dalohak Bar, Fists, K.G.B. for Heavy; Knife, Cloak and Dagger, Invisibility Watch for Spy... NO DISGUISE KIT)

Each time a RED player dies, they get moved to the BLU team. Each time a BLU player dies, they respawn during the next spawn wave. The game has one or more goals: The main goal is for BLU to kill all of RED before time runs out. Some maps also have control points that BLU needs to capture.

Side Note: 3/4 of the players start on RED.

I thought it was pretty fun, although a few of the maps in there kinda sucked.

Zombie Fortress is done through a SourceMod Plugin.