OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

But the new rifle can't headshot. Which strikes me as defeating the purpose of being a Sniper. Whatever.

Spy's items are amazing. Quieter decloak if all 3 are equipped, at the cost of extra flickering time. Dead Ringer doesn't flicker anyway. Can't decide if losing the disguise kit is worth the benefits of the Eternal Reward though.

Does anyone know for certain what the ETF2L bigwigs are going to do about this? Allow them? Ban them?

Did anyone else notice that the holy mackerel was level 42? As a Douglas Adams fan, I find this very entertaining.

Some of those set bonuses are a bit high, too. Like the Scout's bonus of "+25 max health"... DANG that's a lot.

Especially considering one of the items heals you for the damage you do to the target.

I don't think I like this, especially considering: What if you don't want to wear the hat? It's basically a punishment for A.) Not having the items. B.) Not wanting to wear the hat C.) Not using the items.

For one thing, the Milkman hat doesn't even COMPARE to that Bombing Run hat for Scout. That is by far my favorite Scout hat. I'll go Bill the Butcher on everyone with my fish.

Fair enough. Not only are they OP but people haven't yet had a chance to play around with them and grok their uses and counters.

The only effect that strikes me as OP right now is the blanket effect for the Sniper pack -- immune to headshot kills is huge. Doesn't say anything about headshots that don't kill (Ambassador) or what happens when it takes effect though. Does it get ignored completely or take the Sniper down to 1 HP? (Think Protect vs. Endure in Pokemon.)

RED was down for unknown reasons. Restarted.

Apparently Sourcemod needs to be updated to prevent crashes and FireSlash has already disabled it.

When it comes back up, the votescramble plugin will have been removed.

The mp_scrambleteams_auto_windifference value has been adjusted to 3, as per our standard.

Also, here's the update notes:

TF2

-----------

Added the Mann-conomy.

- Added 65 new items (hats, weapons, tools, minigames, gifts, crates).

- Added the Mann Co. Store & Catalog.

- Added Trading.

- Added Item customization.

Additional TF2 features:

- Added new auto-team-scramble system:

Set mp_scrambleteams_auto to 1 (default) to automatically scramble the teams if the criteria is met

Set mp_scrambleteams_auto_windifference to set the number of round wins a team must lead by in order to trigger an auto scramble (default is 2)

- Updated how Spy disguise targets are selected to more randomly distribute the selections

- Fixed the FreezePanel background not using the correct color if you were killed by a player or building on your own team

- Server browser tweaks:

It will now encourage you to add servers to Favorites or Blacklists after you have a good/bad experience on them.

The Server Browser now automatically closes after successfully connecting to a server (opt-out via the Options-Multiplayer->Advanced dialog)

Achievement tuning:

- Demoman achievement "The Stickening" changed to 3 from 5.

- Heavy achievement "Krazy Ivan" changed to 50 from 100.

- Medic achievement "Consultation" changed to 3 from 5.

- Medic achievement "Peer Review" changed to 10 from 50.

- Medic achievement "Placebo Effect" changed to 2 from from 5.

- Medic achievement "FYI I am A Medic" changed to 1 from 5.

- Medic achievement "Family Practice" changed to 5 from 10.

- Soldier achievement "Geneva Contravention" changed to 3 from 5.

- Scout achievement "Strike Zone" now counts assists.

- Scout achievements "Fall Classic" and "Foul Territory" are fixed.

Engine changes (CS:S, DoD:S, HL2:DM, and TF2)

-----------

- Added sv_alltalk to the list of convars that are checked for the sv_tags list.

- Fixed a model instance crash.

- Removed engine ConVar "r_ForceRestore".

Other Games

-----------

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch

- Updated to run on the Orange Box engine with CS:S, DoD:S, and TF2.

So who else is deeply disappointed by this microtransaction bullcrap.

And before you say "Well you can still craft/find everything so it's not a big deal", remember that there's set bonuses now, mostly with no downsides, that can only be obtained by wearing ultra-rare hats. Or by buying them.

It remains to be seen whether these item sets will actually be any good, but regardless I expected better of Valve. For shame.

Plus, items like the Towering Pillar of Hats lose their mysticism when you're greeted with "TOWER OF HATS BUY NOW ONLY $9.99" every time you pause the game. Actually, fuck that. I don't give a damn about the Towering Pillar of Hats. I never want to see a game whoring itself out every time I hit pause. Full fucking stop.

Hoo, boy. Remember the people who were pissed about the exclusive Bill's Hat and later the Sam and Max stuff? They can't be too happy now.