OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

So since we haven't had a random TF2 themed youtube video for a while I'd like to present this one I found linked on Reddit.

Basically a highly intellectual version of "Meet the Spy" which includes large words, unnecessary verbosity, mustaches, classical music, and a heavy with a monocle.

Enjoy!

-Krowbar

Speaking of files, I'm doing some plugin testing this week, so don't be surprised if the server makes you download a few new sound files.

Would one of those plugins allow for a melee vote? cause melee only can be fun from time to time.

FISH ONLY FINAL DESTINATION a

...I wonder if Zombie Fortress has been updated to stop you from using the new Spy knife. I know they made it so the Dead Ringer is useless, as the charge meter is kept from completely filling.

er... it helps if you know that the Zombies in ZF are Scouts, Heavies, and Spies and they can't use projectile weapons.

Hey, Team 1 people/leaders: I just checked the match page for the UGLY match and it looks like someone didn't confirm the time we wanted, so we got defaulted to a time of Oct 10 at 4:00 (whatever time that is). I don't know if it really matters, but might want to check that out.

oh noooo canadian thanksgiving is ruined!

Oh dear. Whatever will the Canadians do?

Unrelated: Me and a couple of friends are doing all the L4D/2 campaigns tonight around midnight central, though we started yesterday and got through death toll before about 3AMish... Anyway, we'd love to have a fourth if anyone's interested.

Hey, Team 1 people/leaders: I just checked the match page for the UGLY match and it looks like someone didn't confirm the time we wanted, so we got defaulted to a time of Oct 10 at 4:00 (whatever time that is). I don't know if it really matters, but might want to check that out.

Oh, merde.

ATTENTION RESERVED SLOT HOLDERS

If the server is full, you will need to connect to it VIA CONSOLE.

Open console

type:

connect 206.217.135.91:27015

This is for a few reasons.

1) it prevents people from being auto-kicked when the server is full (because it shows 24/25)

2) Allows people to use the "Join when a slot opens" feature

3) Prevents people from constantly being offered to blacklist the server

This is a Team 1 announcement, more a PSA than anything but still important and slightly lulzy.

As already mentioned, we got slapped with a default time that we can hopefully work around. However, even if we get our time of 10PM EST tomorrow, it has come to my attention that Team 2 also has a match tomorrow, also on the Highlander server, at 9:30PM EST. I shouldn't have to explain how this is more than slightly awkward.

I'm trying to get in touch with [uGLY], but the ETF2L site is throwing bad gateway errors. (Again.) With any luck we can a) agree on a time other than the default given to us and B) reschedule to a half hour to an hour later and not run into Team 2's time.

EDIT: Spoke with [uGLY], they are aware of the development and are fine with giving Team 2 the time to finish their match. See the group page announcement for further details.

This is a Team 1 announcement, more a PSA than anything but still important and slightly lulzy.

As already mentioned, we got slapped with a default time that we can hopefully work around. However, even if we get our time of 10PM EST tomorrow, it has come to my attention that Team 2 also has a match tomorrow, also on the Highlander server, at 9:30PM EST. I shouldn't have to explain how this is more than slightly awkward.

I'm trying to get in touch with [uGLY], but the ETF2L site is throwing bad gateway errors. (Again.) With any luck we can a) agree on a time other than the default given to us and B) reschedule to a half hour to an hour later and not run into Team 2's time.

I can get in touch with my team's opponents and see if we can play on their server. I'll let you know if we can migrate.

ATTENTION RESERVED SLOT HOLDERS

If the server is full, you will need to connect to it VIA CONSOLE.

Open console

type:

connect 206.217.135.91:27015

This is for a few reasons.

1) it prevents people from being auto-kicked when the server is full (because it shows 24/25)

2) Allows people to use the "Join when a slot opens" feature

3) Prevents people from constantly being offered to blacklist the server

Or you could use the easier to remember

connect blu.ocrtf2.com

(the port number defaults to 27015)

For some reason OCR BLU doesn't show up in my favorites list anymore, although I do have it favorited. RED does show up. I've been using my friends list to connect to the server.

I just checked mine and OCR BLU appears in it.

Having said that, I've seen it where they just vanish from the list.

Best bet is to re-add it... the address is blu.ocrtf2.com:27015 (or 206.217.135.91:27015)

This happened a bit ago, but new TF2 update:

- Fixed an exploit that allowed people to bypass the Gloves of Rushing Urgently's damage taking penalty.

- Made the following items nameable: Mildly Disturbing Halloween Mask, Ghastly Gibus, Soldier's Medal, Honest Halo, Golden Wrench, Mann Co. Cap, Polycount Pin.

- Fixed a case where some clients where timing out while accessing the store.

FireSlash has already applied this update to normal and Highlander servers.

So Match 2 is over with and it was a comparable steamroll to last time. At least the other team was sporting about it. I have screenshots of the final scores for each map in hand and will upload them to the site just as soon as it stops giving me a bad gateway error. (Seriously, it's EVERY NIGHT that it does that.)

From looking over the screenshots for our matches so far, I noticed that Frogg and the Medic du jour are always our top two MVPs, with the third player being more of a wild card. Not terribly surprising, but interesting nonetheless.

Also I really hope they don't ask for my Granary demo, which I completely forgot to record despite thinking about it mere moments before the map change.

EDIT: Also, while I'm thinking about it, can someone link me to a statement somewhere that definitively says what the scoring system for Granary was supposed to be?