OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Team 2, Listen up! I dunno if the Lazytown folks are even in the competition anymore, as they still haven't played the turtles, and they wont respond to my match sanctions. We have a default time of

Monday, 18 October 2010, 01:30

That is

19:30:00 Sunday October 17, 2010

in real people time.

There seemed to have been results submitted for their Turtles match, but it hadn't been updated on the main scoreboard. I think it might have had something to do with the high number of people listed that weren't actually playing on the server that are still listed in the results.

We tied our match, which happens. There is no tie breaker unless it is for the ladder advancement.

If the results are correct that means that mathmatically, the Lazytown regs are in the lead of our division with 12 - 0, we are second with 9 - 3, BG is 3 - 9, and Turtles are last with 0 - 12.

The only way we can advance is to roll the Lazytown folks, but they still haven't confirmed a time yet. With this development, they may be kicked out.

Though those look like all BG folks, and they may be kicked out. Who knows. The rules are all screwy.

Apparently, I stole Brushfire's DJ status for one night yesterday as people continuously requested micspam songs for about 2 hours straight.

Courtesies of Chili for starting it. I may be back for it in a week.

Hey, hey, hey! I was the one who started it! (Also the StarFox quotes.) I stopped after Jaswald politely asked me to not play music anymore and I complied. Chili started up his after me. :P

I asked several times for you guys to cut back on the music :P

I don't mind it but the entire match for several maps gets really tiring, especially if you want to listen to your own music while playing.

Kinda miss the days when music was limited to setup.

I asked several times for you guys to cut back on the music :P

I don't mind it but the entire match for several maps gets really tiring, especially if you want to listen to your own music while playing.

Kinda miss the days when music was limited to setup.

It's annoying when loud, but otherwise I don't have a problem with music ingame. If last night was any indication, it also does a great job of loosening everyone up socially, which I see as a plus.

That's another thing, even those of you who try to limit the volume it still ends up too loud. All I'm asking is that you turn it off if someone requests it, which our players seem to have a problem with.

I follow that rule as best I can when I'm mike spaming. So far I've only really seen maybe one person who wouldn't stop playing stuff when people asked him but that's all.

I don't mind it but the entire match for several maps gets really tiring, especially if you want to listen to your own music while playing..

I agree that this would be annoying in this case (or if you're trying to hear game sounds or something), but at the same time, I have to ask, why not just mute the music-spammer, if the rest of the group (or most of them anyway) are enjoying it?

I agree that this would be annoying in this case (or if you're trying to hear game sounds or something), but at the same time, I have to ask, why not just mute the music-spammer, if the rest of the group (or most of them anyway) are enjoying it?

I can't mute anyone client side as an admin, if they were doing anything bannable I need to be able to hear them. Besides, server rule isn't "mute them and deal with it", it's "politely ask them to stop and they should comply".

I can't mute anyone client side as an admin, if they were doing anything bannable I need to be able to hear them.

do you think that personally muting somebody is going to magically make everyone else on the server incapable of saying anything about it

because that's seriously the only possible reason that idea is justifiable

do you think that personally muting somebody is going to magically make everyone else on the server incapable of saying anything about it

because that's seriously the only possible reason that idea is justifiable

No, but I don't mute people anyway and it's good to know what's actually being said. If I'm going to mute someone, it's gonna be server side and it's going to have a reason.

I don't think it's fair for everyone else to have a little less fun because 'an admin has deemed it necessary'

I mean tomorrow I will hop on the server when you are there and play a song - if you think my music is too loud, it is likely a problem with your volume :/

Like it or not it's still a server rule that if you're asked to stop playing music you stop. As to my receive volume I keep it really low.

Not sure why you're bothered that not everyone has to sit and listen to the same thing you want to, it's not like I demand it to stop the moment it starts instead of after several maps and a couple hours.

I can't mute anyone client side as an admin, if they were doing anything bannable I need to be able to hear them.

Thank you, that's the reason I was looking for. Makes more sense now.

Besides, server rule isn't "mute them and deal with it", it's "politely ask them to stop and they should comply".
Guys, if an admin asks you to turn off your music, turn it off.

I'm not questioning the rule. Vimk's responses were coming off as "grrr hate music do not want screw the rest of you". Which is why I asked about the client-side muting.