OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

According to the Highlander site, they expect to release the playoff schedule and seedings sometime today. (2000 CET? No idea what European time is like.) The first matches then need to be scheduled by Sunday, November 14. Presumably this means the matches are actually played as well, but the news post was rather vague on that point.

This would be a good time for the Highlander folks to note when they'll be available over the next week so we can have an easier time of this.

Map Schedule:

• Round of Two Hundred Fifty-Six: 1. Upward 2. Gravelpit 3. Viaduct
  • Round of One Hundred Twenty-Eight: 1. Badwater 2. Steel 3. Viaduct
  • Round of Sixty-Four: 1. Steel 2. Goldrush 3. Viaduct
  • Round of Thirty-Two: 1. Gravelpit 2. Upward 3. Viaduct
  • Round of Sixteen: 1. Steel 2. Goldrush 3. Viaduct
  • Quarter Final: 1. Gravelpit 2. Badwater 3. Viaduct
  • Semi Final: Both teams pick one map, possible Decider Map by Map Elimination Mode
  • Final: Both teams pick one map, possible Decider Map by Map Elimination Mode

I'm sure a plugin will show up within the Fortnight.

There may be a plugin for it already.

Having said that, the Horseman only works on maps that include bot navigation meshes. Currently, that's only KOTH maps and cp_manor_event, iirc.

According to the Highlander site, they expect to release the playoff schedule and seedings sometime today. (2000 CET? No idea what European time is like.) The first matches then need to be scheduled by Sunday, November 14. Presumably this means the matches are actually played as well, but the news post was rather vague on that point.

This would be a good time for the Highlander folks to note when they'll be available over the next week so we can have an easier time of this.

Map Schedule:

• Round of Two Hundred Fifty-Six: 1. Upward 2. Gravelpit 3. Viaduct
  • Round of One Hundred Twenty-Eight: 1. Badwater 2. Steel 3. Viaduct
  • Round of Sixty-Four: 1. Steel 2. Goldrush 3. Viaduct
  • Round of Thirty-Two: 1. Gravelpit 2. Upward 3. Viaduct
  • Round of Sixteen: 1. Steel 2. Goldrush 3. Viaduct
  • Quarter Final: 1. Gravelpit 2. Badwater 3. Viaduct
  • Semi Final: Both teams pick one map, possible Decider Map by Map Elimination Mode
  • Final: Both teams pick one map, possible Decider Map by Map Elimination Mode

Keep in mind that Viaduct will only be played if both teams win one map, or so I recall the rules saying.

Also, there are specific rules for Gravelpit regarding stickies on point A and teleporters in the BLU spawn area.

All 3 servers were restarted. Highlander because I changed the map rotation, BLU and RED because I updated the HLStatsX logging plugin. It'll now log Horseman kills, despite the halloween event being over (whoops).

Edit:

Hmm, there's a TF2 Holidays plugin already.

Just don't expect achievements to work with it, even though Halloween hats do.

There may be a plugin for it already.

Having said that, the Horseman only works on maps that include bot navigation meshes. Currently, that's only KOTH maps and cp_manor_event, iirc.

I distinctly recall trying to join a server that made me download navigation meshes, so that can be worked around. (Make a mesh on your own, ensure it actually works, then include it in whatever magical folder you use for this sort of thing.) However, because they're associated with bots, it'll probably give some people pause for thought if they see it in the download queue.

Keep in mind that Viaduct will only be played if both teams win one map, or so I recall the rules saying.

Also, there are specific rules for Gravelpit regarding stickies on point A and teleporters in the BLU spawn area.

All 3 servers were restarted. Highlander because I changed the map rotation, BLU and RED because I updated the HLStatsX logging plugin. It'll now log Horseman kills, despite the halloween event being over (whoops).

True on Viaduct, which makes sense because KOTH as a game mode is nice for a quick tiebreaker due to small size and easy deathmatchability, but...they couldn't spice it up a bit with Nucleus, Sawmill, or Harvest? Really?

The rules in question refer to planting stickies underneath the floor of A, where they can apparently be detonated to damage people on the point itself, and building teleporters in RED spawn on top of those computer consoles. Both are banned for the tournament.

Edit:

Hmm, there's a TF2 Holidays plugin already.

Just don't expect achievements to work with it, even though Halloween hats do.

I expect the achievements use some master server connection back at Valve HQ to prevent just this sort of thing.

So, I made a few more changes to the server.

For instance, there's now a votemelee command, which after 35% of people on the server type it will start an actual melee-only vote (which requires 50% to pass, although that may be bumped up to 60%).

Melee Only will automatically switch off when the map changes. Note: The Melee Only plugin we're using is the one that allows other non-weapons as well... but not the Medic's healing gun.

Also, I'm looking into enabling this plugin on Sudden Death once I find the @#$%^ config file for it.

I also took the time to fix votescramble.

The appropriate admin commands for these are also back.

I also installed that Holiday plugin and turned it on for cp_harvest_event and cp_manor_event in their respective configurations... not that we play those maps very often anyway.

Double posting because this is important enough IMO. (EDIT: Powerlord saves the day!)

The next Highlander match is against [xSWATx]. I tried to do a little snooping to get an idea of their skill level, but their Steam page isn't in English and I couldn't find anything linking to a website. If the profiles of the individual members are any indication, they're from Brazil. Also, based on their match scheduling pages, they seem to just let the default date do its thing, which I find slightly worrying.

Leaders:

Highlander Link

Steam Link

EDIT: For reference, the maps we'll be playing on are Upward and Gravelpit, with Viaduct as a tiebreaker. Upward will be best of 1 under stopwatch rules as we've done before, but on Gravelpit we'll play through at least twice in ABBA order. I quote:

Team A gets to attack first and then defend whilst Team B attacks. This is one round, the winner is the team that captures the most points, or captures the same number of points the quickest according to the stopwatch. Then a second round is played, where Team A will defend first, then attack whilst Team B defends. This is to allow both teams to have the opportunity to attack first for one round. If both teams have won a round, then a third round must be played as a decider.

Viaduct rules are first to 3.

So, I made a few more changes to the server.

For instance, there's now a votemelee command, which after 35% of people on the server type it will start an actual melee-only vote (which requires 50% to pass, although that may be bumped up to 60%).

Melee Only will automatically switch off when the map changes. Note: The Melee Only plugin we're using is the one that allows other non-weapons as well... but not the Medic's healing gun.

Also, I'm looking into enabling this plugin on Sudden Death once I find the @#$%^ config file for it.

I also took the time to fix votescramble.

The appropriate admin commands for these are also back.

I also installed that Holiday plugin and turned it on for cp_harvest_event and cp_manor_event in their respective configurations... not that we play those maps very often anyway.

I recommend bumping vote melee to 70 or 75% - a majority should want it for it to be enforced by the server.

if the choices are 'yes' and 'no', fifty-one percent is the majority

And when 49% of the server leaves because someone constantly votes to go melee only, it kills the server. I agree with needing a higher threshold for the vote since it isn't something minor, it's something that disables 3/4ths of all the weapons in game.

And when 49% of the server leaves because someone constantly votes to go melee only, it kills the server. I agree with needing a higher threshold for the vote since it isn't something minor, it's something that disables 3/4ths of all the weapons in game.

Bleck remains technically correct though. :P

Melee votes definitely need at least a 2/3 majority to pass though imo.

I was wrong, it's using whatever the default vote percentage is, which i think is 60%.

I was under the impression that he was the one who actually owned the server, though.

Yes, he is (technically, the donators are, but we'll ignore that one for the moment), but that logic ends as soon as you reach "with the right configs on it" because I'm the one who took the time to set it up with all the proper configs on it.

I just posted an announcement on the Team Overclocked Remix Steam Community thing so we can set up some available times. I am lucky enough to have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings available this week.

To note, yes this team is from Brazil. I attempted to log onto a server one of the team leaders was playing on. I pinged in at 200-300 with several disconnects. The man in question (Ota) top fragged which means that we are at least going up against pub stars.

Final note: Thanks Powerlord for setting up the server.