OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Since the deadline for scheduling the Highlander match is looming and Chili's busy, I made a bit of an executive decision and proposed Sunday, November 14 after 9:00 PM Eastern as a time for our match. I would have included Friday in that, but I'm pretty sure that would be unacceptably short notice for this sort of thing. Let's hope they respond.

Link

(The server is located in Texas, right?)

Since the deadline for scheduling the Highlander match is looming and Chili's busy, I made a bit of an executive decision and proposed Sunday, November 14 after 9:00 PM Eastern as a time for our match. I would have included Friday in that, but I'm pretty sure that would be unacceptably short notice for this sort of thing. Let's hope they respond.

Link

(The server is located in Texas, right?)

Yes, in Dallas (as far as I can tell).

Edit:

Unrelated to the above, but I just found out you can paint the Heavy's Dealer's Visor and make it a color other than the hideous lime color it starts out.

Yesterday I was watching my bro play and he ended up playing on OCR's server for a good hour. I was trying to guess who's actually from OCR and who isn't but I could only notice Baha and later DS as part of the crew.

If you killed or got killed by a certain Shaclovv(qc), that was my bro =P He usually plays on the fort map so it was pretty hilarious watching him get lost in other maps then blown to pieces a few times.

Yesterday I was watching my bro play and he ended up playing on OCR's server for a good hour. I was trying to guess who's actually from OCR and who isn't but I could only notice Baha and later DS as part of the crew.

If you killed or got killed by a certain Shaclovv(qc), that was my bro =P He usually plays on the fort map so it was pretty hilarious watching him get lost in other maps then blown to pieces a few times.

I thought that name looked familiar!

According to Chili, he officially submitted a proposed time for our Highlander match -- Sunday, November 14 at 9:30 PM Eastern. The other team will have to confirm it before it takes effect, which means there's still the possibility of getting a default time if they ignore it/don't respond. However, we can't say we didn't try.

ETF2L started a community Highlander challenge a few months ago. Basically, any group of 9-14 people who wished to enter and haven't competed above a certain level in competitive TF2 could join. AFAIK it's supposed to be a way for non-competitive TF2 players to compete to...see what competitive TF2 is like? I guess.

OCR had two teams, one of which is now out of the running.

Yet another development in the Highlander tourney. I may as well be the team secretary.

[9:00 PM EST] translates to 00:00 over here, so that’s undoable. We could probably do 6:30PM eastern, or even the default etf2l time.

About the servers, we have a server here as well, and seeing as the event is european based, north and south america would have no preference as too where the match would be played. So my guess is the fairest way of doing this is one match in each server and then throwing a virtual coin to decide where a 3rd match would take place if it comes to it. Or all matches in an euro server where both pings would be aproximately the same.

(What self-respecting gamer group is unable to stay up until midnight? Seriously.)

I'm mostly posting this because I know Bonzai is on the west coast and is unavailable until 6 PM her time (hence the 9 PM EST suggestion, although the time officially submitted by Chili was 9:30), and as the Medic she's the player we really need to accommodate. Any suggestions?

Link

Thanks for keeping us updated on the highlander stuff, Paranoid.

Anyway, we will need to have a group chat to see who can come at what times, and to remind everyone that this is coming up again. If the earliest we can get Bonzai is the time they claimed was too late for them, then I don't really see a way around that, unless there is a certain day within the acceptable time frame that Bonzai can make it. Frogg can't make it until a certain time too, right?

It's mostly because they were released mid-competition, not because they're imbalanced or anything.

Off topic: My Barrier Trio beats your Negative Man. SPECTACULAR POSE

EDIT: Come to think of it, the frying pan is probably allowed too since it has no special properties. Ditto for the Horsemann's axe, since it's just an Eyelander reskin. Not positive though.

In other news, remember the Engineer update? You know, the one that happened several months ago?

Well, I recorded a demo that day of my very first match on Upward. And then my laptop decided to go "WHARBLGARBL" and not work for several months. But today, I finally finished the process of taking the demo, recording it in FRAPS, adding commentary in After Effects, and uploading it to YouTube.

Silly Engineer, this update is for Spies!

I'm not sure, it seems like the steam client thinks i'm not logged on, when i am, and can see the little "barkman's account" in the corner.....

so i think it's a steam issue, rather than a group admin issue.

Wait, you can't? Why not? Everyone should have admin permissions...

Also, nice videos, i'm glad i don't star in them this time. Also, some slight spelling fail at the start of the first one :)

I am able to make the time of 6:30 PM Eastern. Central time here so that's only 5:30 PM. Out of curiosity what is the default match time in case the teams can't decide? I thought it was 1:00 PM CET but cannot find the page that confirms this.

I am able to make the time of 6:30 PM Eastern. Central time here so that's only 5:30 PM. Out of curiosity what is the default match time in case the teams can't decide? I thought it was 1:00 PM CET but cannot find the page that confirms this.

AFAIK its arbitrary. Not sure though.

EDIT: Who the hell is Abobo?