OCR TF2: Stab stab stab!

FireSlash

Well, you're probably going to see less of me in TF2 in the coming weeks.

I'm really starting to get fed up with whatever connection problem exists between my ISP and our TF2 server. The constant lagging is really irritating.

That and there's a new WoW expansion coming out.

Also, I noticed my Lugermorph is now a Vintage Lugermorph... probably because people who play Poker Night at the Inventory can get a new one.

Well, you're probably going to see less of me in TF2 in the coming weeks.

I'm really starting to get fed up with whatever connection problem exists between my ISP and our TF2 server. The constant lagging is really irritating.

If you mean the server freezing up for a few seconds, I'm getting that too.

After talking with the other team for the Highlander match, they're asking if we can make a 5:00 PM Eastern match time. Date's still Sunday. Yes/no?

Also they're checking if some people they know in Portugal can let us use a server there.

EDIT: Due to the time crunch and no one chiming in to say they can't make it, I went ahead and rescheduled the event to 5:00 PM EST.

After talking with the other team for the Highlander match, they're asking if we can make a 5:00 PM Eastern match time. Date's still Sunday. Yes/no?

Also they're checking if some people they know in Portugal can let us use a server there.

EDIT: Due to the time crunch and no one chiming in to say they can't make it, I went ahead and rescheduled the event to 5:00 PM EST.

You gave people <1.5 hours to find out about the time change and get back to you. This after 2 weeks of planning to make sure everyone could make a specific time. I sure hope no one has a conflict.

You gave people <1.5 hours to find out about the time change and get back to you. This after 2 weeks of planning to make sure everyone could make a specific time. I sure hope no one has a conflict.

I know it's absurdly short notice, but the other team flat out can't make the default time we were given. Even though it's only 11:30 their time. I find that odd, but whatever.

It was either that or no match at all as far as I can tell.

I know it's absurdly short notice, but the other team flat out can't make the default time we were given. Even though it's only 11:30 their time. I find that odd, but whatever.

It was either that or no match at all as far as I can tell.

afaik, if THEY can't make the default time and you can, they forfeit. It sucks, but that's the purpose of a default time. But having agreed to a different time, I think you're obligated now, so hopefully everything works out.

Umm, I don't think I can make that. Also, assuming people NOT saying anything means they can make it, isn't very smart.

Edit: Do you have the authority to say if the team can make a certain time, Paranoid? Otherwise, we might be fine.

I would not be able to make that time. The default time will work just fine. I know this sounds cold but we have tried to schedule the match for over a week with a server ready to be played on. They are still looking into renting a server and are trying to reschedule with less than 24 hours till the match. This team is acting disorganized and our team should not be penalized for it. The default time was set by a director of ETF2L and confirmed by the admin. A 5:00 PM time will severely hurt Bonzai as well as Frogg if I thinking of the correct schedules as well as the fact that we would still have to inform and confirm with the other 7+ people. We should use the default time and take a win due to forfeit if necessary.

Okay, point taken. Forget what I said about rescheduling the match. My apologies for acting rashly.

Regarding the server, how should we handle that? Something tells me it's not kosher to just show up at some random server they don't know about and go "lol you didn't show."

EDIT: Okay, here's the skinny. Let's congregate on our own server (206.217.135.94:27015, password = ocrscrim) 15 minutes prior to the match time. (That's 8:15 PM EST.) Although I haven't been able to talk to the other team directly regarding the starting server, this should allow us plenty of time to get together so we can more easily move to their server en masse if that ends up being how they want it. To be honest, I'm expecting a forfeit win, but we still need to have enough of us show up at the designated time at an agreed upon location and document that we were there and they weren't.

God, this is such a clusterfuck... D:

I just read the message that you posted on the ETF2L page and it sounds good, orderly, and justified. It sounds like a good plan since our server has been the only proposed IP to congregate at.

Yeah, my ability to write carefully worded walls of text is a minor point of pride for me. I just need to be in the mood and have a reason for it.

They will probably show up. Midnight isn't all that late. It's probably just inconvenient for them.

TBH, from the conversation I had with Ota in Steam chat, I got the distinct impression that it wasn't just inconvenient, it was flat out impossible. Granted, two of their team members are going to be participating in an unrelated match at 10:00 their time (so an hour and a half prior), including Ota himself, but I'm not sure if that's enough to explain all of their reluctance away.

I do hope that we get to actually play, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

So I just got back from a lovely conversation with the opposition leader, quoted below.

drota: we couldnt get a euro server unfortunately

ParanoidDrone: Us either.

ParanoidDrone: So.

ParanoidDrone: Also regarding the time, I trust you got the email from the league site?

ParanoidDrone: A significant proportion of our team would not be able to make the time we discussed yesterday, including our Medic.

ParanoidDrone: I realize this is terribly inconvenient for you, to say the least.

drota: yeah

drota: i'm gonna have to contact the admins

ParanoidDrone: Our team reached a decision that without a mutually convenient time the best course of action was to abide by the default time.

drota: aka be assholes

ParanoidDrone: Look, I don't like it either, but coordinating 18 people across international borders is not exactly easy.

drota: 8pm for us is not easy as well, is not the ideal time, i gave you the entire day, you want to give me fucking midnight

ParanoidDrone: So I'm supposed to simply reschedule against the wishes of the entire rest of my team?

drota: you are suposed to be reasonable

ParanoidDrone: The only members who would be able to make it are the ones who didn't have plans.

ParanoidDrone: But most of them did.

ParanoidDrone: I am trying to be reasonable, but I refuse to overrule a majority decision.

drota: you are your clan

ParanoidDrone: If most of my team can't make it, we can't make it.

ParanoidDrone: Actually I'm only the second in command.

drota: if your clan is not reasonable you are not reasonable

ParanoidDrone: But our leader is sick, so in a way yes.

drota: you cant just pin it on everybody else

drota: lol

ParanoidDrone: I'm not pinning it on them, I'm explaining that there's no point to rescheduling if we'll only have 5 or so people there.

drota: who cares anyway, im done with you

drota: i'll just try the admins

ParanoidDrone: As you wish.

drota: if you are so bad the only way you can win is by WO

drota: then congratulations

Thoughts?

(Stay tuned, further developments are possibly underway.)

My thought is he is being a dick and I have no problem taking a win by forfeit from them.

Yup. I don't recall them giving us the whole day. Twice they asked for a time that we cannot do. Now they are telling us we're being assholes for simply taking the default time over their proposed time? There is simply no way we can go earlier then 8:30 on any day since it means we lose our best players.

EDIT: That being said, if the admins give us a chance to play on another day at this time and xSWATx agrees, then I think we should take it.

Good news everyone! I invented a machine that makes you hear the rest of this message in my voice!

In all seriousness, we won the round overall. We won Upward, lost Gravelpit, and won a 9v9 Heavy Fist Fight to have the tiebreaker at our own server, where we won Viaduct. Scores and screenshots have been uploaded to the league site.

Good games, everyone.